re: mold issues

luv2stitchMay 31, 2002

HI. We had a water leak in our kitchen wall where the line runs from the plumbing to the icemaker. Don't know how long it was leaking before we detected it but there is quite a bit of water damage. We have gotten $ from the insurance company to repair the damage but now I am concerned about the mold in the wall. I know you can treat it with bleach/water but I know that if it is the toxic mold then it should be handled by experts. What do I do?


Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

You need to call someone to have it tested and if it's toxic depending on how bad it is you'll have to move out and have someone come in a repair it. Tell your insurance company because they should know somone you can call to have it checked. If it's not toxic probably just bleach and water will do.

    Bookmark   June 1, 2002 at 11:57AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Chimney waterproofing
Hi I desperately need help here First time home owner Today...
Walk me through overflowed tub, waterfall in kitchen disaster
Yup. My 15 yo ds woke up this am, decided to take a...
Need help after water leak on floor
My mom's hot water heater leaked, and it was a while...
biting flies uk
leave your house shut up for 3 to 4 weeks and let them...
Craftman garage door 1/2 hp
when it start to not working the way it suppost to...
Sponsored Products
West Highland White Terrier Van Growl Framed Canvas
$9.99 | zulily
100-light LED Blue/ Green Wire Italian EC 34-foot
Garmin VivoFit with Heartrate Monitor
$169.99 | FRONTGATE
Kona Bronze LED Mini Pendant with Dome Canopy and Sunset Glass
$310.50 | Bellacor
Black Bed Side Lamps: 1-Light Table Lamp Black Finish CLI-LS447061
Home Depot
Bedside Lamp: 1-Light Table Lamp Orange Finish CLI-LS444961
$72.18 | Home Depot
Justice Design Group GLA-8775 - Dakota 2 Light Curved - Bar Wall Sconce - Cylind
$330.00 | Hayneedle
Arturo Alvarez | Bety Table Lamp
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™