re: mold issues

luv2stitchMay 31, 2002

HI. We had a water leak in our kitchen wall where the line runs from the plumbing to the icemaker. Don't know how long it was leaking before we detected it but there is quite a bit of water damage. We have gotten $ from the insurance company to repair the damage but now I am concerned about the mold in the wall. I know you can treat it with bleach/water but I know that if it is the toxic mold then it should be handled by experts. What do I do?

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Droopy

You need to call someone to have it tested and if it's toxic depending on how bad it is you'll have to move out and have someone come in a repair it. Tell your insurance company because they should know somone you can call to have it checked. If it's not toxic probably just bleach and water will do.

    Bookmark   June 1, 2002 at 11:57AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Craftman garage door 1/2 hp
when it start to not working the way it suppost to...
Ignacio7557
Walk me through overflowed tub, waterfall in kitchen disaster
Yup. My 15 yo ds woke up this am, decided to take a...
nini804
damp brickwork
Please can you help with damp brickwork at the front...
Fred.21
Bleach product discolored my kitchen countertop!
I used Clorox Cleanup in my kitchen to clean and disinfect....
Cyd1900
Chimney waterproofing
Hi I desperately need help here First time home owner Today...
mishyq
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™