Mouse in the wall

regoMay 1, 2006

Help help help !!!

After reading through the replies above. I am not the only one having sleepless nights. I am sensitive sleeper and those mouse scratching and god know what destruction they are causing.

I have put some bait, but don't know whether it is working or not. Looking for something that I can throw in the attic so that mouse hate it and run away. It is mentioned that I could use moth balls. Is there harm of using moth ball to any house material or any other damage and is there anything that i could use, to effectively get away with this problem.

cheers

Rego

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
angel_037

Hi rego, When I lived at our old apartment, we had mice problems. Steel wool is what I used to plug up holes in walls or by pipe openings and anywhere there was a hole, small or big. Moth balls I threw everywhere in closets to cabinest. They wont harm anything. Just a heavy smell to moth balls. Also, mice do not like dryer fabric sheets. We used V-traps as well and worked good. They also have electronic ones which caught the mom of the mice too. So, throw moth balls in attic, it wont hurt you or anything. Throw some in walls to if you have an opening but then put steel wool in hles like I said. They wont go thru steel wool. Ok. hope it works for you. good luck, kim

Bookmark   May 10, 2006 at 9:50PM
More Discussions
Chimney waterproofing
Hi I desperately need help here First time home owner Today...
mishyq
shutting off water before vacation ?
I recently saw a bit on DIY Network about preventing...
abbey_cny
Boarders in single families
Like to have input how different cities and towns handle...
jonnyp
Is the snow causing roof damage or any plumbing issue?
My first floor bathroom today have water leaking from...
jhome2015
Dealing with a crazy neighbor
Condensed version: My neighbor aggressively pounds...
dtxgal
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™