please help!

llyndzy13May 23, 2007

I woke up to water dripping from my dining room ceiling and from the light fixtures. The ceiling paint is cracked and water was everywhere. It looked like the upstairs bathroom (which is directly above) toilet overflowed continuously throughout the night. I turned the water to the toilet off but I'm guessing all the water built up in between is whats causing the water to keep coming.

Does anybody know who to call or what to call plumber??? PLEASE HELP!!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mrsd1957

the 1st time this happened to me, the plumber said the wax seal under the toilet blew, he showed me how to remove the toilet (wet vac empty 1st) and replace the wax seal (bought in any hardware or walmarts) and replace the toilet. DH has since replaced it 2 more times in this house, and just installed the new toilet in our inherited house. The plumber was also able to ascertain the damage to the ceiling and wall (where the water followed the beam) and give me an estimate for homeowners insurance. call your plumber now.

Bookmark   May 23, 2007 at 11:35AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

Call a plumber to fix the water leak...but meanwhile drill ( with a non plug in drill!) a very small hole or 2 or 3 in the ceiling to allow the water to run out and not cause the whole ceiling to fall in.
Linda C

Bookmark   May 26, 2007 at 12:34AM
More Discussions
Water Leak - Home Addition- HELP
We are right in the middle of a 1400 sq ft. home addition/...
ladyj08
Problem neighbors and being watched by them
Hi I'm sorry if I'm posting in the wrong section but...
NicholeN
Help my grout turned blue in spots from Comet
Hi Unfortunately I was trying to clean my new Bathroom...
laxrox
Home disasters
Folks, before hiring a contractor go this website Ncphif.org...
josephene_gw
appliance mfg's & Home owner's ins.
Long story short, I had a water leak in a less than...
gardenerlorisc_ia
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™