Recomendations for Cordless phone w/answering machine

marys1000February 27, 2007

I have replaced the battery on my old Panosonic phone but despite trying to let the battery run down between recharging the quite new battery just doesn't want to hold a charge. I can talk about 15 minutes.

Also - it doesn't seem to want to seat right anymore and if I don't hear the beep, it won't ring or allow me to pick up a phone call.

So......any recommendations out there? I would like a built in answering machine.

Thanks,

Mary

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mikie_gw

I bought some philips cordless phones with the answering machine a while back. I think they're nice. 1.9Ghz so they dont bother wifi laptops was my initial main reason for buying.

They use regular old standard AAA NiMH rechargable batteries which you can buy replacements in most any drugstore for resonable money.. when they do poop out someday.
Standby time : 120 hours
Talk time : 10 hours

Only negative I see is they are tiny - but do work nifty for me, even on hands free speakerphone too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Philips DECT Phone/Answering machine

Bookmark   February 27, 2007 at 7:57PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
randy427

I recently got a VTECH cordless with answering machine. Mine also came with an optional second handset that only needed an electrical outlet, not a phone outlet.
Long life batteries, good range for wandering around, adjustable volume for when I'm in the shop.
It's 5.8GHZ. I'm not using WiFi, so I don't know if there's an interference issue.

Bookmark   March 7, 2007 at 9:17PM
More Discussions
Sound Goes Off Occasionally on TV
I have a Sharp ACQUOS TV. A few days ago, I started...
WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
OTA, I'm Back
I got rid of cable and now am using a converterbox...
boothbay
plug-in tart warmers - parchment-paper safe?
Hi, re: plug-in wax-tart warmers: Is it safe to cover...
jally
why do I have to "install"apps on my tablet?
So why do I have to install apps on my tablet that...
clairebuoyant1
POTS phone extension over local ethernet?
Through a mess up in communication I got a gigabit...
rwiegand
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™