Not disastrous, exactly, but intense

alisandeMay 17, 2004

While cleaning today, I picked up the small rug I have near the kitchen sink, and got a bit of a shock. Evidently my cats had annihilated a mouse recently, and stuffed it under the rug. Unaware of this, I'd been doing a lot of standing on that rug...and on the mouse. It was not a pretty sight. (The rug went directly into the garbage.)

Susan

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
colleenoz

At work recently, I swept under the industrial sewing machine, which has a big flat plate as a foot pedal. You guessed it, extremely flat mouse (partially mummified) underneath :-P. Apparently the guys using the machine didn't notice any difference.
You have my sympathy!

Bookmark   May 17, 2004 at 6:35AM
cheshiremoggy

Many years ago, my cat came in with a mouse she had already killed outside. She kept playing with it and all of a sudden there was no mouse. My first thought was that she had eaten it. No. Three days later there was a bit of a dodgy wiff in that room. She had only tossed the corpse in the air, and it landed in the pocket of a raincoat hanging up. Ewww!

Bookmark   May 28, 2004 at 10:11PM
chery2

We moved into our house this past April and are still finding unpleasant surprises. One of the worst was a dead BAT, whose furry little carcass was stuffed b/t the top of a door and the doorframe. We were dreading finding more, but so far none. So GROSS! chery-va

Bookmark   May 30, 2004 at 1:22PM
More Discussions
Home disasters
Folks, before hiring a contractor go this website Ncphif.org...
josephene_gw
Help! what kind of biting insect has invaded my home?
Over the last few weeks I've been itching from something...
Cassandra
Help my grout turned blue in spots from Comet
Hi Unfortunately I was trying to clean my new Bathroom...
laxrox
damp brickwork
Please can you help with damp brickwork at the front...
Fred.21
Bleach on carpet
Okay, posted at one fo the other boards, but I am desperate!! Hello,...
Jessarlyn
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™