how can I stop sheet slippage?

haircutcityApril 4, 2006

This isn't exactly a disaster,unless the fitted sheet slipping off of the mattress is one, How do you keep this from happening. Is there a homemade way with out buying something?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rivkadr

Sheet garters! It's like the things you use on a garter belt, but you use it across the corners of your sheet to hold the fitted sheet in place. They only cost a few bucks, and you should be able to find them at any bedding store.

Bookmark   April 5, 2006 at 4:06PM
tomh_ga

The "sheet garters" that rivkadr mentioned work great. My wife bought some because our fitted sheet always came off on my side. Interestly, she said that all of her friends' said that it was always the husband's side that came off. Don't know of any homemade remedy.

Bookmark   April 5, 2006 at 9:58PM
sameboat

Once I started purchasing fitted sheets that were extra deep that stopped happening. The sheets fit thicker mattresses.

Bookmark   April 6, 2006 at 8:40PM
cnvh

I was going to say, a combo of extra-deep pockets and the garters-- works like a charm.

Is it just me, or does it seem like mattresses have become super-thick, but most sheet sets you find in stores haven't seemed to keep up? (Unless you want to spend a lot more money, of course-- isn't that always the way it goes.)

Bookmark   April 13, 2006 at 11:49AM
More Discussions
Bleach stains on bathtub
My son just moved into an apt., and the tub area was...
wishnwell
Problem neighbors and being watched by them
Hi I'm sorry if I'm posting in the wrong section but...
NicholeN
shutting off water before vacation ?
I recently saw a bit on DIY Network about preventing...
abbey_cny
Any young ladies feeling like you don't have a voice?
I moved in to my grandparents home. I am updating it....
avadoone
Boarders in single families
Like to have input how different cities and towns handle...
jonnyp
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™