Janome 300E and Magic Box

olenettaFebruary 1, 2007

Would someone be kind enough to tell me how to use these two things together? Please be simple with it,think I've lost my mind trying to get them to work.Just wanted to download and open some .PES files, to get some freebies, till I learn. Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Islay_Corbel

1.The Janome 300E works with flashcards. Have you got the card and the adapter? I've never seen a magic box so I don't know what it does but you don't need one for the Janome.
2. Put your card in the Janome and turn it on. This will format the flashcard.
3. Janome doesn't use .pes format, it uses .jef!
4. If you need to convert designs from any other format to .jef go to the website http://www.myembroideryhaven.com and download software from there to convert.
5. Simply put your flashcard into the appropriate slot on your computer (I use a slot in my printer) and save to the EMB file on the card. Insert into the Janome and off you go.

Bookmark   February 2, 2007 at 1:34AM
olenetta

Thank you so much for your help.I have the adapter and cards for the 300E.Also have the Janome 9000 MC that the Magic Box was bought for.Found the instructions for it on its CD, after my posting.I think it is the same as the Amazing Box.So now we can do .sew and .jef both,I hope.Have had the 9000 since 1999,and just got the 300E.But I'm having a ball,but for some reason DH hid his underwear that I had put "I'm Boss" on.LOL Thanks again,Netta

Bookmark   February 2, 2007 at 6:59AM
marysv

I have a Janome 300E and a magic box. I just put the card in the right slot and find the design that I want and save it to the card. You can save several designs on the card. I have problems with my Janome 300E. The thread balls up and I have to undo and pull thread and start all over. They changed the bobbin case last time and I am kind of scared to try. It has messed up a few things. I hope this works

Bookmark   June 20, 2007 at 6:51PM
Islay_Corbel

I'm sorry you've had problems. I find the Janome likes things to be well stabilised. I never hoop the fabric, but hoop a tear away, then depending on the item, i.e. a t shirt, I spray baste a mesh stabiliser to the back of the t shirt, spray baste that to the tear away, then float a washaway on top. This thick sandwich gives perfect results every time.
Perhaps your tension isn't tight enough too. Test out on your oldest t shirt to see what happens!

Bookmark   June 21, 2007 at 1:36AM
bellamamafiore

I just purchased a 300e and was told to get an iogear 56-1 reader, writer, also I got a 16mg sandisk card. I thought I was going to transfer all of my designs on the sandisk card, only to find out it does not hold much.....around 25 designs. Could somebody tell me which card I can get that the 300e will hold the most? Also do I have to get a sandisk card or can I go to office depot? Reading some of the posts I find that I am suppose to format the card.......this all new to me. So I am going to need some help. Thanks

Bookmark   July 9, 2013 at 5:32PM
dancingirl_gw

bella, you have prob already figured out that you don't need a card with larger memory. The machine cannot read and hold a large number of designs at any one time...so you should just 'erase or write over' as you want to add new designs. Remember, your originals are stored on your computer. Your software is a better choice than having to use the Magic Box, which only writes 6 designs at a time.

Bookmark   August 20, 2013 at 7:52AM
More Discussions
beginner to embroidery, need help!
I just purchased and received today, a Brother SE400...
abshelby
Problem with HAINA machine (Tajima clone)
2 years ago I bought a 1 head 12 needles embroidery...
elis.g
Making letters
What is the best way to make my letters and words even?...
tim45z10
Husqvarna-Viking Designer 1 Software
Hi all, I have recently decided to try out the embroidery...
MaryPrim
Singer Futura CE100
Hi, I am new to the forum and desperate to speak to...
Karen_Ann
Sponsored Products
Leslie Capiz Buffet - ALABASTER
$3,099.00 | Horchow
4 Watt A19 Globe bulb
Super Bright LEDs
Satco 50W T4 JD Mini Can Halogen Bulb - E11 Base, 120V
LBC Lighting
Fili Wall Sconce by Oggetti Luce
$296.00 | Lumens
Terzani | Atlantis Suspension Light - Three Tier
YLighting