thread bunching

disneyfanFebruary 16, 2007

Please help,

Just bought a ped basic and downloaded a design, and seems like no matter what stabilizer i use, the thread bunches up underneath and it won't stitch. I tried doing just a letter and it worked so figured it must not be the stabilizer. Is there something wrong with the pattern that I downloaded.

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nana24

Are you using a heavy bobbin thread? I still have the one that came with my machine. It is possible to get a download that doesn't work well. I download lots of free things and some work better than others.
What are you trying to put it on? I did some name logo's on knit shirts and it was difficult to get it to work nicely no mater what stabilizer I used.
good luck in sewing!
Sally aka Nana24

Bookmark   February 16, 2007 at 9:42PM
diane_586mi

You will need to use "bobbin Thread" in the bobbin. It's much thinner than regular thread. Also you may need to adjust your tension.

Bookmark   February 25, 2007 at 9:38AM
disneyfan

I changed the needle and haven't had that problem anymore, whew!!
Thanks for everyone's help.

Bookmark   February 26, 2007 at 6:16AM
mcarmen

Most likely, if your built in lettering works on the same material, then yes, you have a bad design. Beware of free designs on the web, just like free anything else. A bad design will never work correctly. Sometimes they have been re-sized from larger designs and now the stitch density is way to high and you just can't run it.

Bookmark   May 28, 2007 at 2:32AM
marysv

I keep having problems with thread bunching. I have brought the machine in for this several times for this same thing. The last time the manager had the repair person change the bobin case. I haven't tried it very much since. I am afraid to mess up something again. Hope this works.

Bookmark   June 20, 2007 at 6:36PM
More Discussions
Help!! Anyone have a Brother SE-270D embroidery unit?!
Help! I made a huge mistake. I knew nothing about sewing...
Caitmon
Brother PE-SCAN Embroidery Scanner
Does anyone have a Brother PE-SCAN Embroidery Scanner...
redpenny
New to Machine Embroidery...Brother Innovis 4000D
Hi Everyone: I have just discovered this forum and...
SewReel
Singer Futura CE100
Hi, I am new to the forum and desperate to speak to...
Karen_Ann
beginner to embroidery, need help!
I just purchased and received today, a Brother SE400...
abshelby
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™