Opinions on a machine for THIS...

briansfvFebruary 1, 2008

Hi, I was wondering if someone with experience might have some advice for me. I'd like to embroider 1 color on baseball hats. Either text or a 1 color logo. I don't want anything too huge or expensive as this will not be something I plan on going to huge with.

I'd love it if I could take an image from my computer and embroider it on a baseball hat. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Brian

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
msmeow

Hi, Brian - to do exactly what you're asking about is a huge investment of time and money. You need a machine that can embroider hats and the special hat hoop. You also need digitizing software. The machine companies all have their proprietary software which is usually very expensive (at least $1000), and there is also a program called Embird that is much more reasonably priced, but you'd have to purchase the digitizing add on. Then you'd have to learn how to digitize. I haven't done much but I've done enough to know that I don't want to invest that much time in learning how to do it. I think you can upload an image then tell the software to digitize it, but then you'd have to tweak it to get it just the way you want.

If you just want hats for your softball team or something like that, your best bet is probably to just have them made by someone who is already in the business. Just make sure you don't have a copyrighted logo, or that you have permission to make copies of it.

Donna

Bookmark   February 11, 2008 at 4:13PM
More Discussions
Machine embroidery
I have a white 3300 embroidery machine I cannot figure...
Papillons
beginner to embroidery, need help!
I just purchased and received today, a Brother SE400...
abshelby
PE Design Software
I lost my PE design2 when I changed computers.I am...
Jmyelou
list of free design sites
Does anyone have a list of site that have free designs?...
crittersareme
Need help with my Janome 350e
I have a Janome 350e. It has been sewing beautifully....
Hilary Motzouris
Sponsored Products
Pyramid Pendant by Tech Lighting
$152.00 | Lumens
Moda Square Chrome Thirteen-Light 26-Inch Pendant with Swarovski Strass Bordeaux
Bellacor
Frette Hotel Classic Pillow Sham
$80.00 | FRONTGATE
Modern Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Mohawk Home Rugs Missoni Teal 8 ft. x 10 ft.
Home Depot
Standard Matte Velvet Sham - TAUPE
$64.00 | Horchow
Aero 7 Piece Outdoor Patio Sectional Set in Espresso Turquoise
$1,399.00 | LexMod
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™