Would anybody buy a Philips or a Magnovox

tobr24uFebruary 13, 2009

after reading this forum? I wouldn't take one if they were giving them away...lol!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jdbillp

I wouldn't base my buying decision on this forum. It is skewed quite a bit.

There is another forum that directs people with Philips and Magnavox problems to this forum for answers.

There used to be a member named PeeWee who would patiently try and help those people, but he hasn't posted on here in at last 2 years.

I wouldn't buy a P or M TV based on my former career in the industry and seeing how many P and M TVs broke.

Bookmark   February 13, 2009 at 2:46PM
albert_135

Philips was reported at nytimes.com to be getting out of the retail TV business altogether. I posted a link here at the time but nytimes.com links sometimes don't stay good for very long so my previous post here is useless.

Bookmark   February 14, 2009 at 11:39AM
maryland_irisman

They are now made in communist china by FUNAI. Anything electronic now days either works or, it doesn't. I'm beginning to think that other than features and looks, the components are pretty much the same. I would be more inclined to base my decision on service type warranties and such..

Bookmark   February 14, 2009 at 7:03PM
marco6171

PHILIPS IS BACKED UP BY FUNAI , NOW THEY BOUGHT IT THEY ARE NICE TV SETS , NEWER MODELS ARE MADE BY FUNAI WHO OWNS LOTS OF BRANDS AND THEY USE THE NAME PHILIPS . THEY ARE NOT THE BEST BUT THEY ARE OK . COMPARED WITH PRICES , THEY ARE IN THE MIDDLE NOT TOO BAD . BUT NOT THE BEST . I WOULD GO WITH LG , AND SAMSUNG BECAUSE OF THE CUSTOMER SUPPORT

Bookmark   February 16, 2009 at 10:20PM
More Discussions
hdmi connection
i have a hd tv but standard cable. no hd premium service....
stoveguyy
cheap tv
got a nice working fully functional 32" lcd yesterday...
stoveguyy
vizio xvt473sv dead
I have a 4 year old VIZIO XVT473SV that now has NO...
thew60
I need "Pairing Code" information for my TV.
What is the pairing code for my Magnavox TV Model #...
Tammy Lanier
Lost sound on my computer.
Once again I need your help. I have been persuaded...
ronalawn82
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™