On line stores

victory_tea2085February 25, 2007

Thinking about ordering a tv from an on line store. None of the stores in this area can come within 400$ of the on line price. Problem is that you cannot ship anything over a 21" screen back to the company, and you would end up dealing directly with Sony or the selected company. Should I take a chance and go with BestBuy plasma, LCDTV.com, Camera Addict etc? Many of them are located in NJ, I noted. Have any of you people dealt with these companies? Already checked BBB and most are OK with them. Any input greatly appreciated. Paul

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rayfromalaska

I ordered a 32" Sony LCD TV from Crutchfield by Christmas, and was delivered to my home in Alaska free of charge. It seems that somebody dropped it on its way here, so I immediately called Crutchfield to tell them of the problem. I repacked the TV as the Crutchfield technician told me to do, and UPS picked it the following week (free shipping again). They shipped a brand new replacement, free of charge, which I received four days later.

Bookmark   February 25, 2007 at 9:25PM
jimisham

If I was going to buy one on line, I'd probably deal with Crutchfield also. I've bought a couple of small items from them before with no problems, but nothing big.
Otherwise, I don't know. If there's no problem with the TV, great. But if there's a problem, it could turn into a big hassle.
When we go HD, I think we'll deal locally, so that if there are any problems, I can deal with somebody face to face.

Bookmark   February 26, 2007 at 7:52AM
victory_tea2085

Crutchfield certainly looks like a great on line store. Unfortunately they do not have the LCD I want. I wish they did. Still thinking of ordering from Camera Addict due to the substantial savings. Paul

Bookmark   February 26, 2007 at 12:52PM
More Discussions
I need "Pairing Code" information for my TV.
What is the pairing code for my Magnavox TV Model #...
Tammy Lanier
Philips/Magnavox Tv Problems ?
To get assistance on Philips/Magnavox TV: Post the...
pee_wee
cheap tv
got a nice working fully functional 32" lcd yesterday...
stoveguyy
OTA, I'm Back
I got rid of cable and now am using a converterbox...
boothbay
POTS phone extension over local ethernet?
Through a mess up in communication I got a gigabit...
rwiegand
Sponsored Products
Winded Beige Wallpaper R1172, double roll
Walls Republic
Accent Rug: Candice Olson Cocoa 2' x 3' Transitional
$72.50 | Home Depot
Steel Droplet Table Lamp With Cylinder Shade
$39.95 | Lamps Plus
Pedestal Ice Bucket
$44.99 | Dot & Bo
Elite Hardware Mocha Adjustable Window Rod - WR50038
$24.99 | Hayneedle