Ped-Basic & Brother 270D

grannibobbiJanuary 12, 2007

As you can see I am a novice at embroidering and using the forum. I have been pretty successful in using the pre-set designs on the 270D. I bought some CD Dakota collectibles to transfer designs to PED-Basics and then use on my 270D. I have now problems finding designs and the PED-Basic seems to write the designs to the disk. When I remove the Brother disk that comes with PED and put it in my sewing machine, I get an error that says" This embroidery card cannot work on this machine" Any suggestions?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bkfdwife

granni, it sounds like your designs are too big, or the wrong format. They need to be pes, for a 4x4 or 100x100 design area...check that first!
Lisa

Bookmark   January 12, 2007 at 10:07PM
hattongirl

Yes, thats the problem I had. Lisa is right, just make sure the design size is right. I have a bernina deco 600 and it only sews 4x4. I am going to buy a singer futura 200. I hope it does more. good luck, it is a blast!!!

Bookmark   January 12, 2007 at 10:19PM
grannibobbi

Thank you for your responses. I had a computer guru come over and all we needed to do was update the driver for the hardware. We went to Brother's website and downloaded an updated driver. It recognized all 4x4 pes designs and now it works great

Bookmark   January 14, 2007 at 8:40PM
stitchntime9

Don't forget all the wonderful free designs out there in .pes format. They usually come in a compressed (zip) file you expand (unzip) with multi formats. You can delete the unwanted formats after you unzip the file.

Bookmark   January 16, 2007 at 7:18AM
More Discussions
Singer Futura CE100
Hi, I am new to the forum and desperate to speak to...
Karen_Ann
list of free design sites
Does anyone have a list of site that have free designs?...
crittersareme
Machine embroidery
I have a white 3300 embroidery machine I cannot figure...
Papillons
Hand Embroidery Tips & Techniques
I came across this site earlier today and wanted to...
lola8325 zone5KS
Bobbin Thread Rising into Embroideries
I have a new (since February) Huqsvarna Rose sewing/embroidery...
pchoench
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™