Any recommendations for an indoor antenna

tobr24uFebruary 19, 2009

to use with a converter box? I have two different powered antennas and notice one does better than the other, and neither have the reception that I had with analog. So, are there antennas that are especially made for digital?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ak0402

I have been VERY happy with my Terk indoor antenna, #HD-TVi. It is specifically for HD signals, but I don't have an HD TV, and I am nevertheless amazed at the signal quality. People who come to my house think I have cable or satellite, the channels come in so perfectly. There is also another Terk indoor antenna which is an amplified model (#HD-TVa), but I have heard that the amplification may or may not be an improvement, depending upon your location, the signals you receive, how far or close you are to an urban location, etc.

As I mentioned, I don't have cable or satellite. I initially had my Terk antenna connected to a converter box, the Zenith DTT901 (which, BTW, I think is the best converter box on the market--just MHO). I had excellent reception before the converter box, and once I connected the converter, I received about 20 additional channels, including the digital channels for the network stations, all with great reception. However, I found that recording shows through my VCR with the converter box to be difficult and limited. So I ended up getting a Tivo DVR which has the HD tuner built-in. Now my reception is even better using the Tivo DVR and the Terk indoor antenna. HTH.

Here is a link that might be useful: Terk Hd-TVi Indoor Antenna

Bookmark   February 19, 2009 at 2:07PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tobr24u

Thanks, I have heard of Terk and will check it out...

Bookmark   February 20, 2009 at 10:17AM
More Discussions
Where to buy cassettes for music
We still play cassettes in two of our old cars. I need...
loralee
Throw them away ?
I have a DVD player, a cassette player , a tuner ,...
salbwil
13.2v Battery Charger
The battery charger for my Craftsman drill has died...
randy427
Lost sound on my computer.
Once again I need your help. I have been persuaded...
ronalawn82
home stero using XM radio
i am building our retirement home and have installed...
coetexas
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™