Newbie needs help!!

paintmishapJanuary 10, 2010

I bought the brother PE770 yesterday. I was told by salesman it is so easy to run my husband can do it..well my husband is pretty nifty..LOL! Anyway I have the machine now which I have wanted for years only to find the box staring at me. I am a little overwhelmed to say the least! I don't know where to start. I know when researching these machines I found tons of forums and blog sites now I can't seem to find these.

I have some basic questions! At least I think they are basic. What type of stabilizer do I need? I will mostly be embroidering on cotton, like Joanns or Hobby Lobby Calico fabric, or t shirts, like old navy long sleeve or short sleeve.

Next question I found the answer to on here in a previous post. Bobbin thread wasn't sure if it had to match sewing thread like a basic machine. I saw in a post black or white is fine. Then thread I bought guterman? Rayon thread at Joanns earlier. If I followed the chart correctly I think I bought embroidery thread..LOL! I think thats about it. I do have another question about a technique but that's to come down the road I do believe!

Thanks soo much

Heather

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
blnewbie

I know exactly where you're coming from. I bought a Baby Lock last May and have been teaching myself. Is there any chance the dealer you bought the machine from offers classes? I started by reading the manual and doing some basic sewing stitches to become familiar with the machine. I also bought the book Machine Embroidery with Confidence, A beginner's guide. There is no one simple answer to the question about thread or stabilizer. It depends on the project and the type of fabric you'll be using. I practiced with different fabrics and stabilizers before starting a project for real. Best of luck.

Bookmark   January 17, 2010 at 3:08PM
More Discussions
Husqvarna-Viking Designer 1 Software
Hi all, I have recently decided to try out the embroidery...
MaryPrim
thread breakage
Help please. I have a Futura CE200. All was well. Have...
crittersareme
PE Design Software
I lost my PE design2 when I changed computers.I am...
Jmyelou
Machine embroidery
I have a white 3300 embroidery machine I cannot figure...
Papillons
Making letters
What is the best way to make my letters and words even?...
tim45z10
Sponsored Products
Marina 4 in 1 Aquarium Scraper - 11019
$22.99 | Hayneedle
Marina Multi-Vac Battery Powered Cleaner - 11004
$41.99 | Hayneedle
Marina Algae Scrubber - 11015
$17.99 | Hayneedle
Marina Net Trap (Fine Mesh) - 10934
$20.99 | Hayneedle
Marina 50 Air Pump - 11110
$24.99 | Hayneedle