your recommendation please!!

ducklady1January 10, 2005

I am looking at buying an embroidery machine--does anyone have any experience or opinions about the Elna XQuisit, Pfaff Creative 2144, Singer Quantum XL 5000, or the Brother Innov-is 4000D???? I would appreciate any and all input:) Thanks!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rubyjud

Hi there ducklady.....You did not mention the Janome 10001...I just bought it this last summer and I am really addicted to it.....I does a wonderful job....it is sewing machine as well as embroidery...I think the most important thing is buying from people you like and that will help you.....There is a lot to learn about machine embroidery....Hope you get a machine soon...you will have so much fun!!!...good luck...Judy

Bookmark   January 12, 2005 at 8:04PM
Lyla_zone7b

don't hesitate, get one. With the largest possible embroidery hoop. Mine is a Brother,& I love it! Built extremely well.

Bookmark   February 10, 2005 at 8:16PM
keepeminstitches

Hey, Ducklady, I've got a Bernina Artista 200 that is absolutely fabulous (but rather expensive...you didn't indicate a price range). It's an embroidery and sewing machine. Uses design CD's in its included CD reader. It has a Mega-hoop too (an extra cost, but sometime dealers will throw it in). Important to find a dealer who has on-going software classes. I've been going to classes once a month for about 14 months and learn new stuff all the time.

Mary L

Bookmark   February 14, 2005 at 2:39PM
More Discussions
Making letters
What is the best way to make my letters and words even?...
tim45z10
Brother PC8500 Memory Card
I recently acquired a Brother PC8500. As this is my...
Rschum6718
Husqvarna-Viking Designer 1 Software
Hi all, I have recently decided to try out the embroidery...
MaryPrim
Hand Embroidery Tips & Techniques
I came across this site earlier today and wanted to...
lola8325 zone5KS
Singer Futura CE100
Hi, I am new to the forum and desperate to speak to...
Karen_Ann
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™