Philips/Magnavox Model # TP3285 C129, Chassis # 32K800 7591

dante_rFebruary 4, 2007

Hi,

I have this Philips TV and the menu, volume, and channel does not display. They don't display when you go to do the normal menu function, change channel, or volume. Also the picture in picture moves in a downward movement. It goes down disappears at the bottom of the screen then reappears at the top and moves down the screen and disappears at the bottom and repeats when just using the picture in picture mode. I have been online and no one knows what it is please help.

Thank-you,

Dante

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gilloz

dante: It's not an easy thing to try and troubleshoot problems with any electronic equipment unless you have a Service Manual/Schematic and general knowledge of the unit internally. You are very limited in solving any problems from a user's stand point of view. Out of curiosity, are you using the functions on the actual TV or remote control? If it's by the remote control, you could 1st try replacing the batteries or taking the remote unit apart and cleaning the keypads on the circuit board with isopropyl alcohol and a tooth brush. If on the TV, it would require extensive disassembly to get to the buttons. That's probably why no one Online has been able to help you. As to the PIP moving up and down, I have no information that I can give you now as to what to check.

Bookmark   February 5, 2007 at 4:28PM
More Discussions
cinemax
we have cinemax on our cable tv service. we dont pay...
stoveguyy
arc breakers tripping
We have arc fault breakers and one of them keeps tripping,...
newhomeseattle
Philips/Magnavox Tv Problems ?
To get assistance on Philips/Magnavox TV: Post the...
pee_wee
Humidifier or Air Purifier?
I have been transfered to this city, with a small-size...
walker1846
transfer hi8 tapes from sony ccd-trv98 to mac ??
Hi ~ What is the best and fastest way to transfer Hi8...
kathybeachgirl
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™