please help with embroidery

disneyfanJanuary 21, 2007

Hello all,

I just purchased a brother se-270 disney, hoping to embroidery some shirts, i'm already frustrated. really researched info online before buying and thought i would love it. and i really want to. i don't see anywhere in the book where it says that you have to have the same color thread in the bobbin as the top thread. can someone tell me if you do, because i put my name on a shirt and it's black and white, the top thread is black and the bobbin is white. that seems like it will really be a pain to change the bobbin color too. sorry to have written so much for just wanting a simple answer. thanks in advance for a simple answer....i hope :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Islay_Corbel

you don't have to have the same colour bobbin thread. I think that there are just black and white on the market.
You need to adjust the tension.
Embroider your name on a test piece of fabric and play with the tension until you don't see any more bobbin thread on top.

Bookmark   January 22, 2007 at 1:26AM
stitchntime9

It's personal preference although if the item is visible top and underneath, you can use the same thread top and bottom.

Be patient with yourself and your machine. Machine embroidery is a learning process gained through experience and study. Keep asking questions about items your manual does not cover (read it several times, the first time it reads like mud).

There are several yahoo groups dedicated to your machine that have a wealth of knowledge to learn from.

Bookmark   January 22, 2007 at 4:35AM
disneyfan

Thanks, I really want to like this machine. I will look at the yahoo groups for info too. I

Bookmark   January 22, 2007 at 6:15AM
colleenny

You really only need 2 or three colors for the bobbins, Black, white and maybe tan. If you are embroidering with black, use a black bobbin. When the color from the bobbin shows on top it is usually the tension that is off. Colleen

Bookmark   January 22, 2007 at 7:57AM
moetrouble

I got the same machine for Christmas. I had the upper thread in incorrectly. Are you useing the embroidery thread that has a color top? If so, remove the color piece. That is what I had wrong. Hope this helps...when it works it is a lot of fun.

Bookmark   January 22, 2007 at 8:25PM
imabcgal

Stitchtime9 ~ Thanks for tip on groups in Yahoo!

Bookmark   January 25, 2007 at 6:32AM
More Discussions
pe design 2.0 help!!
hiya ive brought pe design 2.0 off of ebay its come...
mrsgeorge
Need help with my Janome 350e
I have a Janome 350e. It has been sewing beautifully....
Hilary Motzouris
Singer Quantum XL-6000
Hello everyone, This is a rant on Singer Quantum XL-6000...
ruby1942
Brother PC8500 Memory Card
I recently acquired a Brother PC8500. As this is my...
rschum6718
Brother 270D
Hi to all, I may be the new owner of a Brother 270D...
byrdgirl65
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™