Commerical Signage Near Home

lance-mannionApril 6, 2006

Hi Forum,

An interesting dilemma...in the lot in back of my house is a small heating and cooling shop. We're in somewhat of a rural area and the heating and cooling shop used to be a greenhouse shop and the lot my house sits on used to be an empty field.

The heating and cooling shop doesn't really bother me, being back there. I'd prefer it wasn't there, but it's not a big deal, they aren't loud, don't keep odd hours or anything like that.

My dilemma is this. They recently put up a huge freaking lighted sign in the front of their shop, along the road that is in front of their shop. My house is 1 house off the same road, but this huge sign is a big eyesore...and it's pretty bright.

Does anyone have any idea what recourse I have in this situation? Is this always something that is locale-specific? Any advice or insight would be appreciated!

LM

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
socks

You could check to see if there are any town or county ordinances about signage--size, location, lighting, etc.

Bookmark   April 7, 2006 at 1:02AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rustyj14

Make good pellet gun targets! Well lighted at night!! No muzzle flash!!! HMMM???
Or, you could go talk to them, explain how nice you have been, not complaining about the little bit of noise you hear sometimes, how they have been good neighbors-all of that--then kindly ask them if they could tone down the brightness at night, or just light the sign with a low power lamp! Explain how it shines in yer bedroom window at night, keeping you awake! While rubbing yer sleepy eyes!
Might work better than the pellet gun!
Rustyj

Bookmark   April 8, 2006 at 4:55PM
More Discussions
How to deal with post-snow water damage?
Recent northeast snow storm has caused some water leakages...
jhome2015
Termites? Or what is it....... Oh no!
Okay I was adding a small entry door to my garage (have...
jeffpas
Is the snow causing roof damage or any plumbing issue?
My first floor bathroom today have water leaking from...
jhome2015
Water Leak - Home Addition- HELP
We are right in the middle of a 1400 sq ft. home addition/...
ladyj08
Craftman garage door 1/2 hp
when it start to not working the way it suppost to...
Ignacio7557
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™