Embroidery machine question

luv2craftJanuary 17, 2010

Hi I don't post here often, just only when I have questions. I was wondering if anyone has the Designer Topaz 20 embroidery machine? I have been looking at other embroidery machines and was shown a Ellison? and Esante embroidery machine. I read somewhere that a Janome 11000 has problems with the bobbin feeds but don't know if that is true. I have my eye on the Designer Topaz 20 and 30 and was wondering if anyone has it, a neighbor, friend, relative, and can tell me how much they like it? Thanks for your help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nicki_h

I have a Topaz 20. I have had it for 1 year. It took me a while to learn how to "trouble shoot", but I love it. I would recommend it to anyone.

Bookmark   January 24, 2010 at 9:45PM
gramfel

I have an older Brother 8500 (which was the top of the line years ago and which is like the Babylock Esante I think). It is great and is a sewing and emb. machine. If I could afford it, I would buy the Brother or Babylock (same company) 6 thread machine!!!
Good Luck and tell us what you buy.

Bookmark   February 6, 2010 at 4:42PM
kinnika

I have a Janome 9700 and I love it both for sewing and embroidery.

Bookmark   April 8, 2010 at 11:40AM
doxie_dad

I would go with the Topaz 30 over the 20 if you can swing it. The 30 gives you a bit more room for larger hoops. The Topaz's only drawback is its small LCD screen, but its a super machine. I pl;ayed with one a few times at the Viking dealers and have seen many of them leaave the store with customers. Other than size they can do what the Diamond model can do. We bought the Diamond and could not be happier. Look around there are some great deals to be had new from dealers. The machines sold on Eba for less money is a bargain if you do not mind that contrary to what they sa they are not warranted, due to how tjhey were sold, as Husky does not authorize any internet sales of ANYTHING. So what they do is drop the warranties the items have.

Bookmark   May 31, 2010 at 10:35PM
dino2010

Go to your local Brother dealer before you purchase a machine. These machines are so user friendly that out of the box you can be embroidering without classes. I have the Brother Innovis 4000D and really love it.

Bookmark   June 19, 2010 at 1:20PM
More Discussions
Pfaff 5D software
Hello, I am purchasing a Pfaff 2140 machine at a local...
byrdgirl65
Making letters
What is the best way to make my letters and words even?...
tim45z10
New to Machine Embroidery...Brother Innovis 4000D
Hi Everyone: I have just discovered this forum and...
SewReel
Help!! Anyone have a Brother SE-270D embroidery unit?!
Help! I made a huge mistake. I knew nothing about sewing...
Caitmon
Help with embroidery
I just recieved the Brothers SE400 sewing and embroidery...
JordonWalker0722
Sponsored Products
Pink Floral Vintage Reversible Quilt Set
$29.99 | zulily
Koko Company Ecco Blue & Brown Leaves Decorative Pillow - 91766
$112.99 | Hayneedle
Sweet Jojo Designs Boys 'Jungle Time' 4-piece Twin Comforter Set
Overstock.com
Authentic Turkish Cotton Towel Cover for Standard Size Chaise Lounge Chair
Overstock.com
Durjaya Crewel Upholstery Fabric in Beige and Taupe
$41.25 | FabricSeen
Rizzy Home Heavy Hand Embroidery Detailing Decorative Throw Pillow - Sunbursts -
$54.00 | Hayneedle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™