Does any brand of usb stick work on Designer SE

mfindellJanuary 27, 2009

Just bought a barely used Designer SE and got home and noticed the USB stick was not with it. Does anybody know if these sticks come with designs on them or are they just a storage device? Can you use any generic USB? Any info on these devices would be greatly appreciated. I could call the sewing center I bought it from and they could call the prev. owner but if it is generic I will just use one I have. Thanks guys. I am fairly new to this forum and have noticed everyone is so friendly and helpful! This site rocks!

Melinda

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mfindell

I will put my own answer here. I found out at an embroidery cub session that the brand does not matter but it has to be 1.1 compatable.

Bookmark   February 5, 2009 at 9:20PM
mirna_2009

Hello mfindell! If I have a regular stick for my computer and it's a 2mg, can I use it? Im trying to purchase a USB stick but they are so expensive. Will it fit onto the Vicking Designer I machine and do I have to format it somehow to fit the machine? Thank you for your attention.

Bookmark   April 20, 2009 at 3:05PM
aamassther

I would check with the dealer. Viking used to put their included designs and lettering fonts on external storage devices. My old D1 had everything on floppies. You might be missing your backup files. The Bernina 200/730 puts them on the memory stick. HTH, Todd

Bookmark   April 28, 2009 at 10:39AM
More Discussions
Brother PC8500 Memory Card
I recently acquired a Brother PC8500. As this is my...
rschum6718
Need help with my Janome 350e
I have a Janome 350e. It has been sewing beautifully....
Hilary Motzouris
Brother 270D
Hi to all, I may be the new owner of a Brother 270D...
byrdgirl65
New to Machine Embroidery...Brother Innovis 4000D
Hi Everyone: I have just discovered this forum and...
SewReel
Babylock Palette v9
Help! After a windows 8 update today, my card reader/writer...
kyserparker
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™