Adelphia to Comcast = Interference?

Virginia7074January 3, 2007

I was switched over from Adelphia to Comcast a couple weeks before Christmas. It took 3 days to get the cable Internet straighted out, but that works fine now.

The cable is working fine (not "Comcastic", but fine) except for this weird pattern of hourly interference. Every hour, like clockwork, the picture goes black for a second, then turns to snow for a second, then goes from grainy to normal. The whole thing only lasts about 3 seconds total, but it happens every hour on every TV.

When it first started, it would happen at around 10 minutes before the hour. Now, it happens at about 15 minutes after the hour, so it seems as though every day adds about a minute.

I thought maybe it could be some kind of time sync signal, but DH says it's likely not. I've called Comcast and they will send someone out, within a 12-hour window. He or she just needs to be here when it happens, or wait an hour. It's just a bizarre thing to try and describe.

If anyone has any idea of what it could be, I'd great appreciate your input. Or, maybe the aliens have chosen us to communicate with . . .

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
steve_o

Does this happen on more than one TV in the house? Could you replace the cable hookup with an antenna for just those few minutes to see if it happens without cable?

Bookmark   January 4, 2007 at 8:59AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Virginia7074

Good suggestion, steve_o. It happens on every TV that's connected to cable. I disconnected one TV's cable and replaced it with an antenna and it didn't get the interference. Comcast is sending someone out on Monday and I told them to be sure and be here at 20 min. after the hour (it's moved to 18 min. now). Would hate to miss a second of the BCS Bowl - Go Bucks!

Bookmark   January 5, 2007 at 9:24PM
More Discussions
transfer hi8 tapes from sony ccd-trv98 to mac ??
Hi ~ What is the best and fastest way to transfer Hi8...
kathybeachgirl
Sounds like a fan going bad
I have a Magnavox 50ML8105D/17 (DLP-TV)..there is a...
tribefan53
cinemax
we have cinemax on our cable tv service. we dont pay...
stoveguyy
POTS phone extension over local ethernet?
Through a mess up in communication I got a gigabit...
rwiegand
why do I have to "install"apps on my tablet?
So why do I have to install apps on my tablet that...
clairebuoyant1
Sponsored Products
Christopher Knight Home Brighton Sand Linen Storage Ottoman
Overstock.com
HBSW12 Kit HBLED Undercab 12 inch soft white kit
EnvironmentalLights.com
Strata Rug
Design Within Reach
Strata Runner 8x2.5
Design Within Reach
Handheld LCD Remote Control by Quorum International
$123.00 | Lumens