how to take embroidery out of hat fronts

spencemtnJanuary 13, 2009

I embroidered a hat and put it on a little crooked for the front any suggestions on how to get the embroidery out without messing the hat up.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gazaah

I just messed up a 1300 stitch design on a kimono I'm working on, so I had a similar experience. I use a seam ripper and carefully cut up the bobbin thread and interfacing then pulled the loose threads out of the front with my fingers. I had to be really careful not to slice into the fabric with the seam ripper.

The biggest problem is that the embroidery machine may have punched so many holes in the fabric that it looks perforated and beat up after you pull the design out. I massaged the fabric until the holes were less visible then tried to put the design back on in a way that masked the worst of the perforating.

Bookmark   January 19, 2009 at 2:12PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nanablue

Go to: www.embroidery.com The: Wahl Peanut Stitch Remover. Also: On the left side of the Home page go to: Video & Project Gallery -
Choose: Peanut Stitch Remover Video - This video shows you exactly how to remove stitching safely from Embroidered Items. Really Cool!
If you don't like the price you can find it for less online at Beauty Supply Stores. Good Luck. nanablue

Bookmark   March 26, 2009 at 11:37AM
More Discussions
separate forum for hand embroidery?
anyone else think this would be a good idea? machine...
Molly Adams
Bobbin Thread Rising into Embroideries
I have a new (since February) Huqsvarna Rose sewing/embroidery...
pchoench
pe design 2.0 help!!
hiya ive brought pe design 2.0 off of ebay its come...
mrsgeorge
Help with embroidery
I just recieved the Brothers SE400 sewing and embroidery...
JordonWalker0722
PE Design Software
I lost my PE design2 when I changed computers.I am...
Jmyelou
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™