Anyone do Needlepunch?

lpaltaJanuary 11, 2010

I am new to needle punching and already stuck. I have threaded my needle according to instructions, but when I punch into back of fabric--nothing comes through to the front? I have tried punching through both denim and cotton with no luck.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lpalta

I am relatively new to needle punch; keeping fabric tight was a major problem for me. My solution:

Another problem is buying balls of 3-strand pearl cotton floss in store, rather than online, and single quantities. I will have to think on this a bit, I am working my brain to the bone as I type!

Bookmark   February 10, 2012 at 10:01AM
crissyinchaseburg

I LOVE doing punch needle!!!
I use a Morgan Lip Lock hoop, definately keeps the fabric tight, which is soooo important. Also, I really like using Valdani floss, which comes in 3 strand balls. I buy most of my supplies at "Country Stitches" online. You can get everything you need there, and the prices are reasonable. Just do a google search. Balls of Valdani can be purchased in any quantity. The webstore is run by Brenda Gervais, she designs some FABULOUS primitive punch needle designs and cross stitch patterns. I love her stuff.
What kind of fabric are you trying to punch on? I have only punched on Weavers Cloth. That's what your fabric looks like, but not sure with out being touchy feel-y.

Not sure why you are having troubles with the loops not holding, especially if your needle is threaded properly. Sorry I can't fix your problem, but hope my other suggestions help!!!

Bookmark   April 9, 2012 at 10:16PM
jerse

Want to do a small rug with rug yarn but not too sure what to use as fabric base. Burlap? Monk's cloth? Any ideas?

Bookmark   May 24, 2012 at 5:53PM
More Discussions
Singer Futura CE100
Hi, I am new to the forum and desperate to speak to...
Karen_Ann
Viking embroidery machine software
I am interested in purchasing embroidery designing...
kiki31348
New to Machine Embroidery...Brother Innovis 4000D
Hi Everyone: I have just discovered this forum and...
SewReel
list of free design sites
Does anyone have a list of site that have free designs?...
crittersareme
Need help with my Janome 350e
I have a Janome 350e. It has been sewing beautifully....
Hilary Motzouris
Sponsored Products
Formstelle Wood and Veneer Bar Stool
Overstock.com
Track Shine Rug 7'6" x 9'6" - GREY
$839.00 | Horchow
Suede Chocolate 42-Inch x 84-Inch Blackout Window Curtain Panel
$20.95 | Bellacor
Ruffle Serving Bowl
$44.50 | FRONTGATE
Blok Wall Sconce by Grupo B.lux
$322.25 | Lumens