Adding a telephone extension line

jz500January 18, 2008

I need help with adding a telephone extension. Not another "line" just an extension so that we have a phone in the basement. I am in an older home and unfortunately the previous owners did alot of things willy nilly. I cannot find a junction box to tap into, however, I did find a splice in the phone line that just hangs in the basement ceiling. That added line (which is just twisted and taped together as if it were electrical line), goes to the garage. Can't I just get a junction box to properly attach these wires then add the new line using that new box? (The line that the garage phone line is spliced into is the main line coming from the box outside). Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
regus_patoff

that should be OK.
Radio Shack has a lot of telephone connection supplies.

Bookmark   January 19, 2008 at 8:56AM
jz500

Yeah, funny thing about Radio Shack, I was just there yesterday and I talked to a guy there, told him what I wanted to do and he just looked at me wide eyed and said, "I wouldn't touch the telephone lines man, no way". Then tried to sell me a phone with a wireless extension. His name tag said he was the manager, so I gave him my thanks (for nothin) and left.

Bookmark   January 19, 2008 at 10:38AM
regus_patoff

phone lines are low voltage and don't need any special connections /connectors (would be nice)

Bookmark   January 19, 2008 at 10:56AM
More Discussions
Sound Goes Off Occasionally on TV
I have a Sharp ACQUOS TV. A few days ago, I started...
WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
cheap tv
got a nice working fully functional 32" lcd yesterday...
stoveguyy
plug-in 15w bulb caused sticky mess (wax melt)
Stupid me, I bought a plug-in wax melter / tart-warmer...
jally
Sounds like a fan going bad
I have a Magnavox 50ML8105D/17 (DLP-TV)..there is a...
tribefan53
Throw them away ?
I have a DVD player, a cassette player , a tuner ,...
salbwil
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™