Wanting to Start Home Embroidery & gifts business

kimbalJanuary 2, 2010

Hi there! I VERY interested in starting a small home based embroidery business and putting gift bags together. I absolutely do not have the money to put into a commercial embroidery sewing machine at this time and everyone keeps saying to go ahead and get one. I know nothing about sewing, so I will have to learn, but I am a quick learner. So I am anticipating starting off slowly, with my children and friends. I also want to get a combo embroidery/sewing machine. Could someone recommend one for around $2-3,000? I can't do any more than that. I want to buy it from a dealer so I can take advantage of the lessons. I appreciate any input. I was shown the Brother Innovis 2800D, but wanted to make sure there wasn't another one that would be comparable to it for possibly less money. I was the USB port and card/flashdrive reader. Thank you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
stashblaster

You may want to look at two separate machines instead of a combo machine. It might be cheaper for you plus you can sew while the other machine is embroidering. I have all Viking machines but you may want to look at Janome's. I think you get a lot of punch for the buck.

Bookmark   January 3, 2010 at 10:17PM
gazaah

A note of caution! My machine suffered some kind of breakdown and if took Husqvarna over SIX MONTHS to get it fixed after multiple failed attempts, even though I was within warranty. So, if you want to do a serious business as opposed to doing it a little on the side like I do, have a backup plan, or get your dealer to agree to machined replacement program or something!

Bookmark   April 6, 2010 at 11:51PM
kinnika

Hi there; I just found this fantastic forum. I do embroidery and sell from my home and it is starting to work very well. I do a lot of my selling at Markets but now people are starting to call me for things. I have a Singer for the hard work and a Janome 9700 for the embroidery. I really love the Janome and am starting to try a lot of new things on it. I recently got the Digitizer Software and hopefully will be learning it shortly.

Bookmark   April 7, 2010 at 10:48PM
More Discussions
Singer Quantum XL-6000
Hello everyone, This is a rant on Singer Quantum XL-6000...
ruby1942
Babylock Palette v9
Help! After a windows 8 update today, my card reader/writer...
kyserparker
Wanting to know more about machine embroidery
A friend brought back from France a really beautiful...
Ennoh
Singer Futura CE100
Hi, I am new to the forum and desperate to speak to...
Karen_Ann
Help!! Anyone have a Brother SE-270D embroidery unit?!
Help! I made a huge mistake. I knew nothing about sewing...
Caitmon
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™