Help! Unknown Nocturnal Critter in the House

zsmileApril 5, 2013

I think I have a phantom, nocturnal critter in the house. Twice I have found a few spots of flour on a carpet that does not connect to my kitchen, but I did have a bowl with flour on my kitchen island. Then I heard (only one night) what I assumed was a very noisy mouse crunching on a piece of dog food in a junky corner of my bedroom after turning off the lights. This morning I found a piece of cookie on a foot stool and a mouse trap I had baited with peanut butter, but accidentally had sprung, dragged from my bedroom into the living room with the peanut butter gone (another remains baited and unsprung behind a door with room for a mouse to get to but not my chihuahua). The dogs had been in their kennels. The cookies were on top of a 4 1/2 foot entertainment center in a cellophane pack. The only feces I have seen was a light brown smudge on the carpet I assumed came from a dog. I was wondering if a squirrel would become nocturnal inside, and would appreciate any other ideas. Please help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
toxcrusadr

You'd know if a squirrel was in there. I'm guessing a mouse.

I've tried PB and they can often lick it off without springing it. Bait the trap with a small cube of cheese wedged in well so the trap will spring. You'll get your critter.

Bookmark   April 9, 2013 at 3:54PM
More Discussions
Bleach product discolored my kitchen countertop!
I used Clorox Cleanup in my kitchen to clean and disinfect....
Cyd1900
Strange 'fishy' smell
Hello all - My parents are having an issue with a somewhat...
tarajen
What would you do if...
1. You hired a contractor to remodel your kitchen (custom...
LuckyJoe
Walk me through overflowed tub, waterfall in kitchen disaster
Yup. My 15 yo ds woke up this am, decided to take a...
nini804
Water Leak - Home Addition- HELP
We are right in the middle of a 1400 sq ft. home addition/...
ladyj08
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™