Tea/dish towels

stitcheasy2003January 2, 2007


Are tea towels and dish towels the same thing? (fabric used to dry and wipe your dishes with). . Or do you have another name for them?

Dish cloths for washing dishes with.

Hand towels for drying hands with.

That may sound like a silly question to ask but each place has its own name for things.

Thank you

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Hello stitcheasy...I'm Karen from the UK and over here we use teatowels for drying dishes....dishcloths for washing them.....flannels for washing our faces and hand towels for drying our hands!
I dont think it's a silly question at all,its great to find out what people in other countries call every day items! I have a friend in the USA who one sent me some 'tip towels' which seemed to be a little smaller than a hand towel but bigger than a flannel, but they're much too pretty to use for anything!

    Bookmark   January 8, 2007 at 11:35AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Tea towels are smaller than dish towels and often linen or cotton. Many are used for show in the kitchen and people collect them.

Here is a link that might be useful: Examples of tea towels

    Bookmark   January 9, 2007 at 4:13AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Husqvarna-Viking Designer 1 Software
Hi all, I have recently decided to try out the embroidery...
Help!! Anyone have a Brother SE-270D embroidery unit?!
Help! I made a huge mistake. I knew nothing about sewing...
New to Machine Embroidery...Brother Innovis 4000D
Hi Everyone: I have just discovered this forum and...
Problem with HAINA machine (Tajima clone)
2 years ago I bought a 1 head 12 needles embroidery...
Help with embroidery
I just recieved the Brothers SE400 sewing and embroidery...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™