Is there a USB cable that has an A plug at each end?

janepaJanuary 31, 2010

Today I bought the Canon PIXMA MP560 wireless printer which I want to connect to my tower with a USB cable, because I cannot use wireless, and I wanted this printer because of the 3 in 1 and the great reviews.

I bought a USB cable that the salesperson said would work, but it doesn't. One end is an A and the other is a B, but the printer has an A connection and that is what I have on my tower. They do not have any cables with As on each end. Is there a USB cable that has an A on each end that I could use? I found one doing a search, but they call it a connecting cable and gave an example of connecting your keyboard to your computer if the cable furnished with the keyboard is not long enough.

Thank you. Jane

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Never mind. The usb cable I have fits. There was a piece of tape over the hole that the B end of the cable fits in and I just now found it.

Thank you if anyone was trying to find an answer for me.

I did a search at Canon and asked them to show me where the USB B type end on the cable was to be attached. They did. The plug is at the lower back left corner with the back of the printer facing you.


    Bookmark   January 31, 2010 at 10:43PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
plug-in tart warmers - parchment-paper safe?
Hi, re: plug-in wax-tart warmers: Is it safe to cover...
OTA, I'm Back
I got rid of cable and now am using a converterbox...
plug-in 15w bulb caused sticky mess (wax melt)
Stupid me, I bought a plug-in wax melter / tart-warmer...
we have cinemax on our cable tv service. we dont pay...
why do I have to "install"apps on my tablet?
So why do I have to install apps on my tablet that...
Sponsored Products
Faceted Satin Nickel Decorative Holdback Faceted Finial, Set of 2
$26.31 | Bellacor
Set of Six Boots Cocktail Napkins
$58.00 | FRONTGATE
Indoor Accent Rug: Adana Cream/Brown 1' 10" x 3' 1" Plush
$23.97 | Home Depot
Imperial 8 Place Cue Rack - IMP 19-193
$179.02 | Hayneedle
Chrome Double Swivel Towel Bar
Gerbera Daisy D├ęcor Set
$8.99 | zulily
Modern Kitchen Faucet in Brushed Nickel with Curved Base Sprayer
Kreten Candelabra by Souda
$495.00 | Lumens
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™