Viking questions

haldJanuary 31, 2005

Can someone compare the Viking 910 and 936 sergers for me? I am leaning towards buying the 936. I think the upgrades might be useful. Also, I was told these machines can sew on fairly heavy leather; is this accurate?

I am definitely getting the Scandinavia 300 sewing/embroidery machine with the usb card reader\writer, & software called 3-D Designer. Should I immediately upgrade to the higher software program?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sherwood38

It has been ages since I looked at the 910 & 936 so not sure what extra features on the 936. I have the 1002LCD also the 1003LCD and as I recall the newer serger models are heavier, but there wasn't enough difference for me to upgrade as I don't use mine that much anymore I seem to have cut way back on my sewing!
As for the software-it would depend on what your computer is XP? ME? -which...we have discussed here in the past that XP doesn't support the older versions of customizing.

Pat

Bookmark   January 31, 2005 at 2:29PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
VickyJ

I have the 910, and looked at the 936. For me it wasn't worth the extra money for the 936. If remember right the only differnce was the 936 has a cover stitch, and the 910 doesn't The cover stitch was not important to me, but it is for some people. So I guess it's what you really want.

Bookmark   February 4, 2005 at 1:11PM
More Discussions
PE Design Software
I lost my PE design2 when I changed computers.I am...
Jmyelou
Help with embroidery
I just recieved the Brothers SE400 sewing and embroidery...
JordonWalker0722
Making letters
What is the best way to make my letters and words even?...
tim45z10
list of free design sites
Does anyone have a list of site that have free designs?...
crittersareme
Problem with HAINA machine (Tajima clone)
2 years ago I bought a 1 head 12 needles embroidery...
elis.g
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™