Embroidery Software

Suzanne_azJanuary 10, 2005

I am a new Viking/Husqvarna Designer 1 owner. I would like to know what the difference is between .hus and .shv formats. In looking at the embird software, I see that it will convert other formats to the .hus, but not the .shv format. Does the Designer 1 recognize either hus or shv, or both? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
stitchntime9

I would read the boring technical data that comes with your machine and the manual to find out what format your machine recognizes.

Bookmark   January 10, 2005 at 5:44AM
VickyJ

Do you have the disk manager? I down load everything in HUS format. When I put it through the disk manager it automaticly changes it to SHV. I bought all viking software because if I had a problem I knew they could help me. I don't know anything about embird so I can't help you out there. If you go to the marthapullen site and the embroidery forum, they are all very helpful and knowledgeable.

Bookmark   January 10, 2005 at 1:33PM
msmeow

Suzanne, you can email Marie at MyEmbroideryHaven with any questions you have about Embird. She is a dealer and has a LOT of knowledge about the software.

Here is a link that might be useful: My Embroidery Haven

Bookmark   January 11, 2005 at 6:08PM
Suzanne_az

Thanks ladies (I assume ladies), Your information is helpful. I have no D1 software, nor can I afford it at this point. I discovered that Embird will save to .Hus format, which Viking software recognizes, but the D1 has to have images saved in the SHV format (which Embird doesn't do). I was hoping to find a less expensive avenue to digitizing my own designs, and I still am persuing some. Thanks for the help, Suzanne in AZ

Bookmark   January 11, 2005 at 6:47PM
More Discussions
Brother PC8500 Memory Card
I recently acquired a Brother PC8500. As this is my...
rschum6718
Making letters
What is the best way to make my letters and words even?...
tim45z10
Need help with my Janome 350e
I have a Janome 350e. It has been sewing beautifully....
Hilary Motzouris
P E Design v4.02 software question
I bought a used emb. machine exactly like one I already...
dancingirl_gw
Pfaff 5D software
Hello, I am purchasing a Pfaff 2140 machine at a local...
byrdgirl65
Sponsored Products
AICO Furniture - Imperial Court 9 Piece Dining Table Set - 79000 -...
Great Furniture Deal
Queen 590TC Flat Sheet - IVORY
$375.00 | Horchow
Dahlia Throw Pillow
$79.00 | FRONTGATE
Madison Park Sandra 7-Piece Comforter Set
Overstock.com
Gray and Natural 18 x 18-Inch Pillow with Hidden Zipper
$33.00 | Bellacor
Rizzy Home Crewel Stitch Embroidery Details Decorative Throw Pillow - PILT06468G
$34.00 | Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™