Desperate

taz01mania02February 4, 2009

Hi my name is Cassie. I have been trying for many years to lose weight without any success. I have tried all the fad diets with little success. I am hoping to find another alternative that will help me with my problem. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. I am 50+ years old and desperate to better my health. I am very limited on the exercises that I can do due to my weight but I am willing to try anything at this point to better my situation.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
eklektos

Hi, Cassie.
I don't know that I have any immediate solution or recommendation for you, but I just wanted to try to encourage you a little. It's great that you are looking for help. And I know how you feel. I'm 40 and I've struggled with my weight since I was 9 years old. I have some recent back trouble (last 8 months) that has prevented me from doing the exercise I used to love.

I've just started the Atkins diet. I'm on day 3 of Induction. I can't say yet whether this will be the one that works for me, but it's more formalized than anything I've tried before, and so I'm hoping for some results.

Whatever you choose to do, I will pray that it works for you. And I hope you find some helpful support here, too.

Bookmark   February 4, 2009 at 9:30PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mimismom

Hi taz01maniac02,
I don't know what you have for the 3 meals, as for desperate to lose weight, remember this :
If you loose it too quickly, you might gain it back just as quickly, so don't hurry it, give it time.
As for intake of food, a few suggestions here. They may be
difficult to follow, but try & see if it makes sense..it will work for ANYBODY who wants to loose weight.

Cut SUGAR... they are too much in everything we eat, from so called Lowfat Yoghurt to Healthly bars. The WORST thing is SODA; it's simply water + SUGAR + CAFFEINE.
DRINK SOMETHING FREE...H20.
DRINK GREEN TEA like the Asian...Japanese & Chinese people are rarely overweight.

Cut ICECREAM...it's again SUGAR + FAT

Cut PASTRIES, COOKIES...flour ? mixed with SUGAR + BUTTER ?
try eating nuts and dry your own fruits for healthier options.

COOKING our food...
No gravy, steam food, blanch our veggies instead of a spray of butter over the corn on the cob...no breading of the chicken or fish that you cook.

It is a matter of controlling the food we buy, prepare & eat. It isn't anything with all those diet plans and commercials other than feeding their wallets. It's an obsession fed into our minds only. Don't let the external rule your internal, it's a mind control situation ... as long as we eat right, is healthy at our age ( I'm 57 & menopaused as well ), that's a gift from heaven.

Don't be desperate and don't drag onto become anymore desperate...Spring is coming !

Bookmark   February 6, 2009 at 8:22AM
More Discussions
Need a diet buddy
Okay, I'm starting over again on my diet this year,...
Wheezie123
Ideal protien diet
Has anyone tried this diet? I have a friend that tried...
sandi
Weekly Support Oct 6 - 12
Good morning Everyone! Welcome to another week of "let's...
mcpeg
Cinnamon & Honey Articles
There are so many worthwhile articles on cinnamon &...
pink_warm_mama_1
Weekly Support 27 Oct - 2 Nov
Happy Monday! Hi everyone, It's my weigh day - down...
mcpeg
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™