weight watchers online

dixiedollFebruary 8, 2008

please let me know if you have had a postive/negative

experience with joining WW online. I am thinking about doing this and would appreciate input. thank you. dixie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
whenicit

Have you done WW non-online?
I think it is OK. It depends on if you have discipline without having the peer support/pressure of weighing in in front of someone.

I tried WW online about 5 years ago. It was cumbersome to enter everything in although I'm sure the site has improved. It is good from the standpoint that you get all of the materials and have the site, etc. But, then you are on your own. No one but yourself to be accountable to.

Scary but I must have a stranger judge me by what I eat and weigh to make me work for it. It is very odd, probably some psych. reason, huh?

Other than that, great information, a great program...just need to know what YOU need to lose weight.

Good luck with your decision.

Bookmark   February 8, 2008 at 10:21PM
rosebud_2008

I am a current weight watchers member. I LOVE the online system! I find it very user friendly. I always thought I ate properly and exercised and couldn't understand why I didn't lose weight. Writing everything down and learning about portions was a HUGE experience for me. I have been on the program since last June and lost 25lbs so far (more than 10% of my starting body weight.) 25lbs in 8 months might not seem like a lot but I really enjoy the program, have learned a lot and am really pleased with the results. I will absolutely continue until I lose the the rest of the weight I need to (30 more lbs). Good luck!!!

Bookmark   February 22, 2008 at 10:41AM
milkdud_2007

I just rejoined WW and go to their meetings. I also have access to WW online and enjoy the tools there. But, I need the accountability of weighing in in person and hearing about others' successes and helpful hints live. I don't know that I could do as well just online, but if that's the only way you can do it, I wish you success!

Bookmark   February 22, 2008 at 11:28AM
mcpeg

I've done both online and meetings. It all depends upon my mindset. I liked online for the tools and reference materials. I love this forum for support. As much as I loved the meetings, the locations were always a 'drag' for me since I travel by bus. Online was great because I could do it from home. I have purchased the full WW at home package to use the guides and read the weekly booklets. It all depends on what you feel most comfortable with and what you need. My experience with on-line was very positive. Especially to get me going.

Bookmark   March 4, 2008 at 9:12AM
More Discussions
Naturally Slim Program
has anyone tried it? If so what are your thoughts?...
veronicasgrandma
6 Week Body Makeover Program??
Just wondering....has anyone ever used Michael Thurmond's...
janet_ks
Any safe appetite suppressants?
Hello, this is my first post. First let me say that...
tiamaria
Need a diet buddy
Okay, I'm starting over again on my diet this year,...
Wheezie123
Dieting Weekly Support 11 - 16 Nov
Good Morning Everyone, In Canada this is our Remembrance...
mcpeg
Sponsored Products
Replacement Sofa Mattress
$174.99 | zulily
Patio Living Concepts Lamps Catalina 34 in. Outdoor Bronze Table Lamp with
Home Depot
Patio Living Concepts Lamps Bahama Weave 34 in. Mojavi Outdoor Table Lamp with
Home Depot
Feiss FM276AF King's Table Antique Forged Iron Flush Mount
Littman Bros Lighting
Glass by Nameeks PT000A0 59 in. Eden Drop In Corner Soaking Tub - GLASS PT000A0
Hayneedle
Atlantic Water Gardens 16 x 16-Foot Professional Pond Kit - 2900 Gallons Multico
Hayneedle
Distressed Cherry Dalton Cane-Back Bar Stool
$349.99 | zulily
Feiss WB1281ATS Sonoma Valley Aged Tortoise Shell Wall Sconce
Littman Bros Lighting
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™