I've reached a plateau

momcat2000February 10, 2007

i only need to loose 10 more pounds. I do 1/2 hour treadmill and 1/2 hour stretch/weight/spot exercises 5 times a week. I eat alot of fruit/veggies/milk and go to bed with an empty stomach. I just haven't been able to budge a pound in the last month. I'm not going to give up and i guess I just want to vent....Mom

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
smiley_1

Hey Momcat, if you've been sticking to the same workout (and good for you for sticking to it!) for 4 weeks or more, you may just need to shake things up a bit. The body improves for awhile but then adjusts to the level you're working at. Things stall. Shaking it up can mean doing a different workout or changing your intensity or length or time. On the treadmill, you can go faster, or go longer. I find that HIIT (high intensity interval training) really gets things going again. That would be doing varying intervals on the treadmill ranging from slow to fast. For your weight training, be sure to go to heavier weights when what you're doing is no longer a challenge. There's lots of ideas out there and great advice. Just shake it up!

Bookmark   February 11, 2007 at 5:39PM
momcat2000

One of the perks of my job is that I get to work out an hour each day. I don't want to build muscle, I need to firm up what I have. I think I'm going to add some different exercises........Thanks

Bookmark   February 12, 2007 at 8:45AM
trekaren

I'd recommend not going to bed hungry. You definitely do not want your body to go into camel mode and start hording fat cells.

Move your food around so bedtime is not hungry, and also make sure you're eating enough to accomodate the activity points!!!

Great job on committing to exercise!

Bookmark   February 15, 2007 at 9:14AM
More Discussions
Anyone out there done 'The Master Cleanse?'
I just started today and its going good.Couldnt do...
smile247
New low-carber here
Hi, everyone-- I wanted to introduce myself and see...
Repol
Weekly Support 13 - 19 Oct
Hi Everyone, I've been MIA after this weekend. Yesterday...
mcpeg
Weekly Support 27 Oct - 2 Nov
Happy Monday! Hi everyone, It's my weigh day - down...
mcpeg
Best for a quick weight loss?
I know all the rules(more or less) but if I wanted...
mzmint
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™