Sony KV32522 picture problem

ken06January 14, 2007

Hi,

I have a 32" Sony Model KV32522. When I turn the TV on in less than 30 seconds the picture will shrink to the top of the screen and then dissapear. At first if I turned the set on and off a few times the picture would stay on. Now I can't get the picture to stay on at all. The TV was made in February of 1998 so since it's less than 10 years old would it be worth having it repaired. I was hoping I would get a long service life with a Sony. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be and if it would be an easy fix?

Thank you. Ken

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gilloz

One of the first things I would look at is the filter capacitors in the Vertical Deflection circuit. Some sets shrink from top and bottom to a center bar in the center. Others will shrink upward or downward depending on which filter capacitor is defective. You need a schematic diagram to identify these Electrolytic Capacitors. Similar to a problem earlier on this forum. Most companies will not carry parts after 7 years if they are specialize parts. Electrolytic capacitors are very common and can be bought, depending on the value, at Radio Shack, Hosfelt, Mouser, All Electronics Corp. and other electronic type stores.

Bookmark   January 27, 2007 at 5:37PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jdbillp

I believe the model should be KV32S22 not KV32522.

Bookmark   February 10, 2007 at 5:36PM
More Discussions
Throw them away ?
I have a DVD player, a cassette player , a tuner ,...
salbwil
Sound Goes Off Occasionally on TV
I have a Sharp ACQUOS TV. A few days ago, I started...
WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
Sounds like a fan going bad
I have a Magnavox 50ML8105D/17 (DLP-TV)..there is a...
tribefan53
OTA, I'm Back
I got rid of cable and now am using a converterbox...
boothbay
Headphone jack
Dug up a sub-mini plug for my home phone earphone jack....
stoveguyy
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™