The Miracle of Green Tea???

maryanntxFebruary 22, 2004

I seem to be reading so much about green tea lately. I had tried it before and couldn't stand the taste, but this weekend I bought some flavored green tea and I really like it. I decided to drink a cup a day, then I started wondering how many cups is recommended. I found this article The Miracle of Green Tea. On page 2 it discusses how much to drink. Looks like I need to be drinking 4 or 5 cups at the very least.

Does anyone else drink green tea? Do you drink that much?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
yellowhair

I just bought some of it, it also has some flavors with it--like cranberry and lemon. For me, this may have to be an acquired taste. The lemon one was pretty good.

Bookmark   February 23, 2004 at 11:39AM
nhsuzanne

I drink green tea every day. I don't buy it in tea bag form where they put artificial flavors in. Ugh. I buy loose tea from a local vendor and I buy the gun powder green tea. You would not be able to tell the difference between "regular" tea and green tea. The flavor is tea like and not unusual. I drink 2 cups in the morning and one to two cups in the afernoon. I don't drink it for an special benefits I drink it because I like it and if I get a benefit so much the better.

Try real green tea before you decide. Don't drink tea with artificial flavors either.

Bookmark   February 23, 2004 at 2:07PM
wanda_illinois

I drink green tea. I like iced arizona green tea.

Bookmark   February 23, 2004 at 8:35PM
gw:kimberly-japan

There is a book from a couple who lost weight by drinking green tea. It's a very good book. It's called The Green Tea Lifestyle.

There is also an article you can find here: Benefits of Green Tea. It mentioned about losing weight.

Bookmark   November 7, 2006 at 11:11AM
kathy_

I like the gunpowder green tea too but mine comes in tea bags from a local tea and peanut vendor. The stuff in the grocery stores is like flavored green water compared to the gunpowder.

Bookmark   November 12, 2006 at 7:45PM
mommyandme

My doctor told me to drink 3 cups of green tea per day. I start my day with a cup of good English tea. I LOVE PG Tips.
After that, I start drinking the green tea. Green tea is certainly very different from black tea and takes some getting used to. Also, I found that different brands have a very different flavor, so you might want to try some different brands before you give up. Also: it's very important how you brew it. With black tea, you want to bring the water to a full, rolling boil. With green tea, you want to use the water just before it boils. One more thing: while I love my English tea very hot, to me green tea tastes better when it has cooled down to lukewarm.

Bookmark   February 18, 2009 at 12:07PM
cookie8

I drink about 4 cups of green tea a day also. I was taking in too much coffee so I switched to green tea. I didn't like the taste at first but now it is a must for my day.

Bookmark   January 16, 2013 at 5:48PM
worriedone

Watch the fluoride -("A 2005 study conducted by Dr. Michael Whyte from Washington University raised concerns about the high fluoride content in instant iced tea") -- it occurs naturally. Perhaps DONT use fluoridated water/tooth stuff while drinking it.

I use organic. Two cups a day. NO NATURAL flavors or sweeteners added. Just plain old tea. Cannot figure out how to do the loose leaf just yet. I am learning.

Tea can cause indigestion to those with a sensitive stomach.

It also reduces absorption of non-heme iron, causing problems to those prone to iron deficiency anaemia.

some info at www amazing-green-tea.com/drinking-too-much-green-tea.html

All in moderation. Personally, I like my filtered water.

Bookmark   January 17, 2013 at 12:51PM
cookie8

Worriedone, you can steep some leaves and then add some gelatin to make "jell-o". It has an interesting taste to it when it is cold. I make it very strong and sometimes I add some stevia (not much) to it to make it more of a dessert.
I can tell my body is off when I get that nauseated/shaky feeling after having green tea. It doesn't happen often but when it does I take it easy (food wise) for two days or so and I am good again.

Bookmark   January 21, 2013 at 9:10PM
More Discussions
Frustrated. Any ideas?
Removed This post was edited by whitelacey on Wed,...
Linda
green coffee extract anyone?
I saw recently on TV Dr. Oz talking about green coffee...
vieja_gw
Appetite is out of control, want to lose 25LBS
Hi, I have tried many diets and exercises, many pills,...
koolkelley
Any safe appetite suppressants?
Hello, this is my first post. First let me say that...
tiamaria
Ideal protien diet
Has anyone tried this diet? I have a friend that tried...
sandi
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™