Has anyone built SL house plan "Geneva House?"

southernmumDecember 17, 2012

Just curious if anyone has built this or seen this completed plan before? Can't locate the architect Brian Barks/Southern Traditions ANYWHERE. You know it's a bad sign when the people at Southern Living tell you that he has royalty checks waiting for him, but they can't locate him! Still, love this plan!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kirkhall

If he has royalty checks, it must be a plan that has been built! Have you checked Houzz.com and searched that plan?

Bookmark   December 18, 2012 at 12:07AM
buildinginal

You could try contacting one of the Southern Living Custom Builders if there's one near you, and ask if they've built it. A friend of mine built the Fox Hall by Southern Avenues (with a few modifications), and it's a lovely house.

Bookmark   December 18, 2012 at 8:45AM
john_wc

Brian Barks had a firm in Atlanta called Southern Avenues. It has closed and I would guess a victim of the economy. He joined the architectural firm of Gary Ragsdale in Texas. Not sure if he is still there.

Here is a link that might be useful: Gary Ragsdale

Bookmark   December 18, 2012 at 9:18AM
southernmum

Wow, thanks John wc! Very interesting... Well, we are indeed building Geneva House, but it's a little scary not having anyone to contact at the architects office or any photos to see. It would certainly help us as we try to envision rooms when picking out things, but oh well... We love the design and floor plan. Can't wait for it all to come together! :)
Kirkhall, the royalty checks are for plans that have been purchased. SL cannot say if any of the plans have actually been BUILT.

Bookmark   December 20, 2012 at 10:32PM
More Discussions
Please critique plan.
Please critique plan. Thank you!
einajr
Floorplan advice
We are a family of 4 with 2 young kids ages 3 and 10...
Butternut
Frank Betz Chapman from Start to Finish
Following in the footsteps of 'jnjmom,' our family...
trulygrateful
Desireable slope for drainage away from house and garage?
We're building a rectangular-ish house with an attached...
lookintomyeyes83
New Home Build - please take a look
Hi all! My husband and I have been working with an...
prepmom
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™