CD + Car speakers

agnesdJanuary 31, 2007

I have a cd player with earphones. Is there some device I can use to plug it into my car speakers? Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

There are possibly two ways you can do this. You can use an FM transmitter to send the signal to an unused FM station in your receiver or you can use the Line In or Audio Input that may be in the back of you Radio, depending on how old it is. The FM transmitter is similar to the MP3 player type transmitter advertised Online or at Best Buy or Circuit City.

    Bookmark   January 31, 2007 at 3:29PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

A third way would be to use a cassette adapter (if your car stereo can play cassettes). I've tried the FM transmitters with my iPod and found they're not as reliable as I'd like them to be. OTOH, cheaper cassette adapters are rather noisy. But I can always turn up the radio.* :-)

* Don't try this at home. :-)

    Bookmark   February 1, 2007 at 8:43AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
arc breakers tripping
We have arc fault breakers and one of them keeps tripping,...
I need "Pairing Code" information for my TV.
What is the pairing code for my Magnavox TV Model #...
Tammy Lanier
Cables and wiring? Cat6, hdmi, coaxial, ethernet?
I've been reading a lot on here about wiring our new...
cheap tv
got a nice working fully functional 32" lcd yesterday...
OTA, I'm Back
I got rid of cable and now am using a converterbox...
Sponsored Products
Starlight Hot Tubs Hot Tubs & Accessories Southern Star 6-Person 45-Jet Lounge
Home Depot
Crosley Country Kitchen Wall Phone - CR92-OA
$79.99 | Hayneedle
White Desk Lamps: 16 in. White Bluetooth Speaker Lamp with Alarm Clock, FM Radio
Home Depot
Mahogany AroundSound-Speaker TV Stand
$189.99 | zulily
Portable Record Player in Orange
$79.99 | Dot & Bo
Bridgetown 2-Door Media Cabinet
X Rocker Extreme III Video Rocker with Speakers - 5149101
$103.98 | Hayneedle
Kohler Moxie Single-function Showerhead with Wireless Speaker
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™