Danger using older telephone.

flowergirl70ksJanuary 9, 2014

I have an older Panasonic phone. there is a burnt wire on the line cord. It shut off all the phones in the house. I found that the handset was warm, then I found the burnt wire. I bought a new battery, and a new cord. the people at the store told me it wasn't safe to use the phone anymore as it could blow up and cause a fire. Is this true, or do they just want to sell me a new phone?I e-mailed Panasonic, but they don't answer. I love this phone plus it has my answering machine on it. Anybody know about this?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
westom

Replies are only as useful as facts first provided. For example, you mention a line cord. Is that an AC power cord? Phone line? Headset?

If the phone is shorting telephone lines, than the phone is defective. Unreported is what that phone is doing. Reported is that other phones do not work. Do not work when an incoming call should cause a ring? Terminates a dialtone after 20 seconds even when on hook? Eliminates the dialtone immediately?

Anyone can say the phone is probably defective. Nobody (and be honest) can say anything more. But then what are you trying to do? Fix a $10 phone? Or determine if the phone is good enough to create arson?

Bookmark   January 10, 2014 at 12:46AM
flowergirl70ks

Thanks a lot for nothing

Bookmark   January 10, 2014 at 11:21AM
toxcrusadr

That was not nothing, with all due respect it was a series of questions soliciting more information about your problem. Many are the same ones I would have asked to get sufficient info to diagnose the problem.

It does sound like the phone may have a problem not related to the battery, but it's hard to be sure.

Bookmark   January 17, 2014 at 3:43PM
rwagoner

The OP's post of thanks for nothing is extremely rude. You don't give enough info, someone willing to help asks for details ⦠and you respond rudely? Wow.

Bookmark   February 1, 2014 at 3:20AM
turnerdaniel770

I thought it is battery issue.

Bookmark   February 3, 2014 at 6:41AM
saltidawg

"Thanks a lot for nothing"

Real Class - maybe just a Senior Moment of self entitlement. lol

Bookmark   March 16, 2014 at 5:51PM
More Discussions
transfer hi8 tapes from sony ccd-trv98 to mac ??
Hi ~ What is the best and fastest way to transfer Hi8...
kathybeachgirl
13.2v Battery Charger
The battery charger for my Craftsman drill has died...
randy427
cinemax
we have cinemax on our cable tv service. we dont pay...
stoveguyy
50" dlp tv
Here is a picture of the whole part...
tribefan53
Sounds like a fan going bad
I have a Magnavox 50ML8105D/17 (DLP-TV)..there is a...
tribefan53
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™