PowerAcoustik Headrest DVD - broken?

mycupofjoeJanuary 3, 2013

Hi! I'm wondering if anyone here is possibly familiar with headrest DVD players in cars. We have two headrests, factory installed. Truck *just* hit one year last month. :( The one player (of course the one that is used 98% of the time) starts up but instead of the normal background image it starts up with a blue screen and says "welcome" in red text, normal/pain font. Then it turns to a blank white screen (lit) with no media in the top right. I would think it means it's not reading the media, but the whole start-up screen change has me worried as well. I've tried two different DVDs, no change.

Would love some suggestions. I have no manual or any info on it (supplied from Ford). :(

Thanks so much!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
yosemitebill

Some headrest DVD players are factory installed, and others are dealer installed in the lot - but at least you know the brand of the DVD player.

There may be a "reset" procedure for the unit - i.e. pressing a combination of a couple buttons to clear out any errors. I'd suggest contacting PowerAcoustik technical support for their recommendations.

Here is a link that might be useful: PowerAcoustik contact info

Bookmark   January 6, 2013 at 6:38PM
More Discussions
Headphone jack
Dug up a sub-mini plug for my home phone earphone jack....
stoveguyy
home stero using XM radio
i am building our retirement home and have installed...
coetexas
transfer hi8 tapes from sony ccd-trv98 to mac ??
Hi ~ What is the best and fastest way to transfer Hi8...
kathybeachgirl
why do I have to "install"apps on my tablet?
So why do I have to install apps on my tablet that...
clairebuoyant
Sounds like a fan going bad
I have a Magnavox 50ML8105D/17 (DLP-TV)..there is a...
tribefan53
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™