Philps tv won't power on

CandieSJanuary 9, 2013

Hi Everyone, My name is Candie and any help I can will greatly be appreciated because I cannot afford to put it in a shop. I was just give a Philips tv model # 46PFL3505DF7. If I could get it fixed it would be the nicest tv I have owed. When you push power button no picture or sound, only a white light comes on stays on for about 7 seconds shuts off. When you pull the power cord out of the back you will hear a click in about 4 seconds, and when you plug it back in you will hear a click in about 7 seconds. The set was manufactured in June 2011. Well that's my story. I would love any advice,and is worth a shot at fixing. Thankyou so much. Candie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dailybargainshop840

I didn't get exactly what you want to say. Did you want to say that there is problem with your TV set when you switch on it?

Here is a link that might be useful: Electronics

Bookmark   January 10, 2013 at 1:17AM
CandieS

Thankyou for checking in with me,sorry if I was confusing.the tv won't power on all I get is a click and a white light(assuming it is a standby light) no picture or sound then after a few seconds it clicks and the light go out. Thank you so much .Candie

Bookmark   January 10, 2013 at 4:00AM
vnw232

Try disconnecting any electronics plugged into the set - HDMI USB Ethernet etc before hitting the power button. I have a late model Phillips that takes a few seconds to scans its ports when you hit the power button. It will attempt to activate anything plugged into it before going into full operational mode.

Bookmark   January 10, 2013 at 7:10PM
CandieS

Thankyou but nothing is hooked up to the tv. It was just give to us

Bookmark   January 11, 2013 at 4:27AM
More Discussions
home stero using XM radio
i am building our retirement home and have installed...
coetexas
previous post about 50ML8105D
My previous post about my Magnavox/Phillips 50"...
tribefan53
cheap tv
got a nice working fully functional 32" lcd yesterday...
stoveguyy
Lost sound on my computer.
Once again I need your help. I have been persuaded...
ronalawn82
arc breakers tripping
We have arc fault breakers and one of them keeps tripping,...
newhomeseattle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™