cable tv interference

radioguy4everJanuary 25, 2007

a few months back i wired our upstairs bedroom for cable tv and installed and had the cable company inspect it and had them install an amplifier. the amplifier is plugged in the nursery circut, which doesnt have anything plugged in that room except a light. about every hour or so our cable (upstairs only) goes completly fuzzy for 3-4 minutes then back to normal. after checking in the basement, there are a few spots where there are electrical lines that come within an inch or so from the cable line. i am not sure what is on those circuts, but is it possible that something that is not on all the time but only periodicly could cause some type of interferince? the appliances i was thinking about are the fridge, chest freezer, furnace or sump pump. is it possible one of these are causing interferience?

at this point i dont think i would be able to relocate either the electrical or the cable. would there be any other solution to this?

i have called the cable company and they say we would have to pay for them to come and try to fix it because they did not install it and that costs money we dont have!

any help would be appriciated.

More Discussions
Humidifier or Air Purifier?
I have been transfered to this city, with a small-size...
walker1846
Sounds like a fan going bad
I have a Magnavox 50ML8105D/17 (DLP-TV)..there is a...
tribefan53
seek expert on plug-in wax-tart warmers
I bought this plug-in tart warmer via the Net, made-in-china,...
jally
Best and thinnest flat screen wall mountable tv less than 20" high?
I am so out of my depth here. I would greatly appreciate...
bellsmom
modem switch, ethernets, and extension cables
Hi, I'm hoping someone can steer me in the right direction....
jally
Sponsored Products
Hampton Bay Outdoor Lighting. 12V Low Voltage LED 8 Piece Cast Aluminum Path and
Home Depot
Side By Side 20" Wide 3-Light Pendant Chandelier
Lamps Plus
Stenner Slats 2 Drawer Media Chest - Walnut - IDF-7981TV
$601.99 | Hayneedle
Van Buren Ceiling Pendant by Tech Lighting
$372.00 | Lumens
TRIBECCA HOME Modern Chrome Metal Arch Lamp
Overstock.com
River Rock Wedge Green Tech Pendant for Lightolier Track Systems
Euro Style Lighting
People viewed this after searching for: