Electronic's storage question.

arkansas_girlJanuary 7, 2007

I am currently living in a small apartment and I have several stereo components that I can't find room for right now and also a couple extra computers and monitors...will it ruin them to put then at my storage rental that is NOT climate controlled. It can get down to around 0 degrees where I live!(NE Ohio) Please help answer! I haven't a clue ;P

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
steve_o

The big issue you'll have to address is humidity. Zero degrees is okay -- ice crystals are not. Make sure it's either quite dry when you box these items -- or buy some of those dessicant packets to absorb moisture. When you bring the items back into the house, if it isn't warm yet, treat them gently and let them sit in their boxes a couple of days to come up to room temperature gradually. Do not handle them too much and don't plug in anything when it's ice-cold.

Bookmark   January 8, 2007 at 8:29AM
arkansas_girl

Great idea about the dessicants...I never though of that but I have never seen them for sale anywhere...do you know where to buy? Perhaps at a U-haul store?

Bookmark   January 8, 2007 at 8:38AM
steve_o

No idea. Maybe U-Haul; maybe a place that sells storage items? Maybe even a hardware store. Worth a couple of phone calls.

Okay, I guess I have some idea ... :-p

Bookmark   January 9, 2007 at 8:20AM
More Discussions
50" dlp tv
Here is a picture of the whole part...
tribefan53
aspect ratio
We have 2009 insignia LCD. Am using Comcast mini hd...
stoveguyy
Sound Goes Off Occasionally on TV
I have a Sharp ACQUOS TV. A few days ago, I started...
WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
Lost sound on my computer.
Once again I need your help. I have been persuaded...
ronalawn82
Headphone jack
Dug up a sub-mini plug for my home phone earphone jack....
stoveguyy
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™