Burned CD-R won't play in car CD player

confusedbodJanuary 27, 2013

I'm trying to put 8 cassette tape recordings on to CD so they will play in my car (the total playing time is about 7 hours). I have converted them to 8 MP3 files and the total file size is about 377KB so I'm thinking they should easily fit on to a 700MB CD. I know the files need to be converted to CDA files so I opened Windows Media Player, set it to burn an audio CD, dragged the 8 MP3 files to the burnlist window and clicked burn. But all that happens is that it burns only the first file on the list to a CDA file and then spits out the CD.
Can anyone please explain why this is happening and how I can get over the problem?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
yosemitebill

You are converting your compressed MP3 data files back to uncompressed audio to burn to the Audio CD. A 700MB blank CD can only hold 80 minutes of uncompressed digital audio - which is what is used in the CDA format.

Bookmark   January 27, 2013 at 10:56AM
confusedbod

Many thanks for your reply yosemitebill. I now understand but I hadn't realised that the mp3 files became uncompressed in the CDA format (this is the first time I've attempted this sort of thing). Thank you once again.

Bookmark   January 28, 2013 at 8:00AM
randy427

Some car CD players can also play MP3 files. If yours is one of them, copy the files in a data format, rather than an audio format.

Bookmark   February 1, 2013 at 1:47PM
emma

I have a Bose radio in my car and my home, it will play MP3 format or reg audio cds. I love that I can get 2 hundred + songs on one CD. Copied audio CDs or MP3 CDs will not play on all radios especially older radios.

Bookmark   February 1, 2013 at 3:18PM
More Discussions
plug-in 15w bulb caused sticky mess (wax melt)
Stupid me, I bought a plug-in wax melter / tart-warmer...
jally
home stero using XM radio
i am building our retirement home and have installed...
coetexas
OTA, I'm Back
I got rid of cable and now am using a converterbox...
boothbay
13.2v Battery Charger
The battery charger for my Craftsman drill has died...
randy427
I need "Pairing Code" information for my TV.
What is the pairing code for my Magnavox TV Model #...
Tammy Lanier
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™