What to do with all the wiring?

deezieJanuary 8, 2008

Hi everyone,

My husband purchased a new flatscreen tv and put it on the wall downstairs in the family room. Its on the wall fine on a tv bracket and looks great. The problem is all the wiring for all the other stuff. He drilled a hole in back of the tv and put those wires in and then up at the bottom. There is a ledge where all the stuff is like dvd player, wii stuff like that. its all a mess and there are wires everywhere, When I watch the shows on HGTV and you see a tv on the wall in someones house you never see all the mess under it. My husband built a box to go over it all but it still does not look great, does anyone have any suggestions or tips? thanks so much

deezie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
heimert

You need two wires to the TV: Power and signal. Use an HDMI cord, which carries picture and sound.

Then get a cabinet for the DVD,Wii, etc. Plug all that stuff into an AV Receiver that can switch HDMI. Run one HDMI cable from that to the TV. Use it to control the input to the TV.

Bookmark   January 8, 2008 at 4:26PM
deezie

Thanks for the reply, I just had my husband read the response and he said we already did this. He said that the wiring that is all over the place is from everything else. Oh boy I am just dumb about all this. I was thinking there was someone who knew about wireless stuff that would be ideal right:)
deezie

Bookmark   January 8, 2008 at 5:23PM
davidandkasie

simple, go to the store and spend a couple bucks on a pack of tie wraps. then NEAT UP THE WIRES. i have tons of wiring for all my stuff, but since it is all neatly bundled up you cannot see it.

i do have 1 bundle going up the wall to the tv, i saw no need to run it in the wall since we are ripping out the panelling this spring anyway. i will run it in the wall once the sheetrock is going in though.

Bookmark   January 9, 2008 at 1:19PM
More Discussions
Sounds like a fan going bad
I have a Magnavox 50ML8105D/17 (DLP-TV)..there is a...
tribefan53
Lost sound on my computer.
Once again I need your help. I have been persuaded...
ronalawn82
cinemax
we have cinemax on our cable tv service. we dont pay...
stoveguyy
50" dlp tv
Here is a picture of the whole part...
tribefan53
arc breakers tripping
We have arc fault breakers and one of them keeps tripping,...
newhomeseattle
Sponsored Products
One of a Kind Eton Blue 10'x14' Oushak Hand Knotted Wool Oriental Area Rug H7046
BH Sun Inc
Simone Wall Sconce
Lightology
Serena & Lily Skylake Toile Euro Sham
Serena & Lily
Silver Four Letter Word Art Print
$21.99 | zulily
Unson Credenza - Black Wood Black
Joybird Furniture
Elegante Dark Granite Three-Light Island Pendant with 16-Inch Teal Crystal Glass
$550.00 | Bellacor
4' Red Cedar Classic Fanback Garden Bench
Fifthroom.com
ELK Lighting 60061-3 Kidshine Vanity - 18W in. White - 60061-3
$130.00 | Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™