Baby oil nightmare!

mightyjoeyounglvMarch 21, 2008

Ladies of the world, I desperatly need your help! My ex-girl friend made a copy of my house key during our bitter break up and she has now used said key a month later. She didn't like what she found and has retaliated.

She squirted BABY OIL all over the house. How do I get it off of my hard wood flooring and living room marble floors? Will It come out of my cloths?

Please citizens, please! Make haste, I really need your help on this!

joe

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
yborgal

Have you posted this question on the Flooring Forum? You might have better luck over there.

Personally, I'd call a professional and ask for a hands-on evaluation of the problems.

I hope you've called the police and are charging this woman with destruction of your property.

Bookmark   March 21, 2008 at 9:46PM
braytonak

As far as clothing goes, use liquid dish soap (like Dawn or Palmolive). Those are made to cut grease, so they may get it out of your clothes. A long, warm wash cycle should help. Try not to use too much or your washer will be forever rinsing. Then again...

Bookmark   March 21, 2008 at 10:29PM
cearab

Man, what did you do to this woman!!??? I am guessing she found evidence of another woman...
First, change the locks. Next, rent Fatal Attraction. Then read the following:
Greased Lightening is a cleaner and also a great stain remover for clothing or washable items. Very effective on grease stains. Dawn, is excellent, better than any other liquid sink soap. I caution you on using Greased Lightening on your wood floors. I had a bottle with a tiny hole that leaked onto my wood floors and left an ugly permanent stain. But it is great on washable surfaces. I know nothing about how to treat marble; best to consult an expert on that. Try posting this on the cleaning forum as well; there are some great cleaning and stain removal suggestions on there.

Bookmark   March 21, 2008 at 11:34PM
scarlett2001

Environmentalists use Dawn liquid dishwashing detergent to clean oil spills from birds, so that is my best suggestion. Well, I do think that idea of renting Fatal Attraction was also pretty good...now is she done or is more coming?

Bookmark   March 22, 2008 at 12:45AM
kohoutekdriver8

If a man did this to a woman, there would be no doubt as to what to do.

Call the police first, and then worry about clean-up.

Bookmark   March 23, 2008 at 7:08PM
cindy_lou_who

Dawn dish soap may be hard to rinse in the washer. Too many bubbles. My mom always used Lestoil to clean grease and oil from my dad's clothes. He worked in a steel mill and it worked. Your clothes may have a strong smell after you clean them, you'll need to wash them again with your normal detergent. Let them air dry so you can be sure the oil has been removed. If you put them in the dryer, you'll set the stain.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lestoil

Bookmark   March 30, 2008 at 6:18PM
More Discussions
Frozen Sump Pump Hose: How to Prevent ?
Our sump pump recently failed due to the exit hose...
ozziepuppy
Strange 'fishy' smell
Hello all - My parents are having an issue with a somewhat...
tarajen
What would you do if...
1. You hired a contractor to remodel your kitchen (custom...
LuckyJoe
Getting cat urine smell out of carpet...
What's the best way? Or what's the best thing to make...
nadastimer
shutting off water before vacation ?
I recently saw a bit on DIY Network about preventing...
abbey_cny
Sponsored Products
E-Ware Non-stick Electric Grill with 6 Small Pans
Overstock.com
Design House Bristol 2-Light Wall Sconce - 504407
$57.99 | Hayneedle
Elm Park 4-Head Bronze Track Wall or Ceiling Light Fixture
Lamps Plus
Design House 514901 Drake 3-Light Vanity Light - Oil Rubbed Bronze Finish - 5149
$140.99 | Hayneedle
New Orleans Wrought Iron Picture Display Easel - GMC-EASEL-3 BR
$135.32 | Hayneedle
70" Casa West Park Teak Outdoor LED Ceiling Fan
Lamps Plus
Uttermost Madera Marble 8" Wide Bronze Mini Pendant Light
Lamps Plus
Kraus Illusio KEF-14701 Single Hole Bathroom Faucet - KEF-14701CH
$169.95 | Hayneedle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™