Raggedy dolls

laVerneMaynard7November 17, 2012

I'm making dolls from a Raggedy Ann/Andy pattern. Any helpful ideas put there? I usually just make quilts or mend. Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
emma

I made several Raggedys and it's simple. The most important thing is to embroider the face before you cut the part out. It would be to difficult to do that on a small piece of fabric. I just stuffed the pieces then assembled them on the sewing machine. The yarn hair can be done on the assembled body. Just go through the head and make a small stitch to hold it in place.

Bookmark   December 2, 2012 at 1:25PM
laVerneMaynard7

Thanks EmmaR. The first one I made is okay, but the second is darling. I learned a ton from the first one. Although she looks like the pattern, the second one's hair is adorable , and I improvised on the clothing too and made a cute pair of pants and shirt. If I figure out how to get pictures on here, I'll show you. Lol. Thanks for your help !

Bookmark   December 5, 2012 at 7:31PM
emma

Your welcome Laverne. I made cloth dolls for years and sold enough to buy the top of the line Singer sewing machine...but by then I was thoroughly burned out with sewing. LOL

Bookmark   December 19, 2012 at 4:08PM
trishohiozone5_6

You should show us a picture. We'd love to see your creation!

Bookmark   January 20, 2013 at 5:20PM
laVerneMaynard7

Someone asked for a picture. I tried to put 2 pictures on. I'll try again.

Bookmark   March 18, 2013 at 7:30PM
laVerneMaynard7

Here's Ann!

Bookmark   March 18, 2013 at 7:32PM
Liddybuff

I made several sets of the 12" Raggedy Anne and Andys. Since they have small faces I used the embroidery feature on my Husqvarna and sewed one small heart for the mouth and then did 2 small black triangles for the eyes, and also one pink triangle for the nose. I used iron-on interfacing on the backs of the faces to give the face some body for the stitching. It's one great way to make them all the same if you are doing sets. You can also do them production style and do all the mouths, then eyes, then noses. It saves time when you don't have to keep changing thread colors.
I will have to tell you that the clothes are so small you will spend more time on them than the dolls themselves. They were really cute though and I had no problems selling them.

Bookmark   April 10, 2013 at 9:55PM
More Discussions
Another Reborn Doll I've made...
Another reborn doll I made! This kit has been sculpted...
dianamo_1
pattern
Does anyone have a pattern for a 1900 porcelain head...
Kitah4911
Need Ideas on How to Repair My Tiny Tears Doll, Please
This is my first time on this forum, although I'm a...
lynninnewmexico
dollhouse miniatures?
anyone else on this forum making dollhouse miniatures?...
steiconi
Looking for doll molds?
My wife has too many porcelain doll molds to list ,...
juniorj72
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™