Going to buy Alli

stir_fryiFebruary 15, 2008

I can't believe I haven't read more about Alli on this forum. My DH asked me to buy this for him because he wants to "get serious" about losing 30-40lbs.

I am going to get it for him at Costco buy I am a little bit afraid. I don't think he has a very good knowledge of nutrition and fat content so I hope this does not back fire on him!

He really lacks willpower and he thinks this will really keep him in line with eating.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kellyleeann

Although this has worked for many people, I would encourage you to talk to someone face to face about the real side effects of this drug, if you have not done so. I took the pill back when it was perscribed by a MD and let me tell you that even though I followed a very low fat diet and stuck with a plan I could not deal with the side effects. Its not pretty and if you can get past that Im sure you will see great results. But be warned if you stray from your low fat diet (even slightly) you will be remined very quickly. I think the reason there is not alot of talk about this weight loss route is plain and simple. The side effects are not worth it, to me they are not. IMHO Good luck with your weight loss journey!

Bookmark   March 4, 2008 at 10:38AM
groomingal

kellyleeann- you are so right. When this first came out as a prescription a friend of mine tried it- I will never forget what she had to say about it.."Yeah it works- you build up a fear of eating out of fear of messing your pants in public places."

Needless to say she didn't stay with it and I had no desire to try it.

Bookmark   March 4, 2008 at 11:10PM
milkdud_2007

I've used it, and it's as bad as reported above. It also doesn't help that much either. The risks just aren't worth it.

Bookmark   March 5, 2008 at 9:17AM
stir_fryi

Well, not to worry. It is still sitting unopened since I bought it for DH. I guess he is all talk, no action.

Bookmark   April 15, 2008 at 8:56AM
scarlett2001

Just another overly expensive and pretty much worthless diet gimmick. If you look at the studies, people who used this faithfully did not lose serious weight anyway. There is no magic bullet, much as we all wish...

Bookmark   May 9, 2008 at 1:36PM
wodka

A friend of mine went to some kind of weight guru who put her on the prescription strength Alli and an appetite suppressant. It seemed to give her the motivation to kick start a healthier lifestyle, but I haven't talked to her in a while, so I don't know how she's doing now.

I asked my doctor about it, because I have gained a good bit of weight, and he refused to prescribe it to me. He said that it is a temporary fix (with those nasty side effects) and that any weight loss was guaranteed to come back. Like Scarlett and my doctor said, there is no magic bullet.....darn it.

Bookmark   May 9, 2008 at 2:43PM
ruthieg__tx

If you follow a low fat, healthy diet, you won't have any side effects...but if you do low fat and healthy, the pills are totally worthless because you don't need them. I bought one bottle...used everyone of them and never had one side effect but I never ever came anywhere close to over eating my fat allowance...I am always mindful of the fat because I have cholesterol issues...I feel like I just threw away all that money...

Bookmark   May 18, 2008 at 8:58AM
More Discussions
the fast diet
i'm trying it with great optimism....really makes sense...
mmajicmann
Ravenous appetite
Does anyone else have a ravenous appetite like me?...
robar
New low-carber here
Hi, everyone-- I wanted to introduce myself and see...
Repol
Weekly Support 27 Oct - 2 Nov
Happy Monday! Hi everyone, It's my weigh day - down...
mcpeg
Any safe appetite suppressants?
Hello, this is my first post. First let me say that...
tiamaria
Sponsored Products
VWW 3528 Quad Row LED Strip Light 450/m 28mm wide Foot
EnvironmentalLights.com
Moooi | Common Comrades Tailor
$489.00 | YLighting
Switch B7 Sunglass System
$99.00 | FRONTGATE
Authentic Models Lighthouse Steps
Classic Hostess
Stirrup 3 Uplighter - Original BTC
$775.00 | HORNE