Mark Farmer doll

clipclopSeptember 21, 2006

I have a mark Farmer ceramic doll which I want to dress. She is 15 inches tall and has a cloth body but ceramic chestplate and hands and feet. Her hair is a painted on upsweep she is a mature not a young girl type. Where would I get pattern and what type fabric? She belonged to my mother who recently passed away.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
RuthieG__TX

Any luck yet? I'd do some searching on the web to see if I could find authentic stuff about this doll...

Bookmark   January 30, 2007 at 11:27AM
melinda-doll-lover

My mother has a marrk farmer china doll & the old catalog from the 70's she got her from.I recently dressed the doll in an 1860's day dress. my mom says any dresses from the 1800's would be appropriate-but the mid-1800's is best. the company is no longer in existence. there are some old catalogs on ebay right now-they will help you a lot & are pretty cheap-Hope this helps-Mellie-did you get my other e-mail I'm knew to this forum & am not sure how it works-it wasn't posted

Bookmark   February 3, 2007 at 2:40PM
hopelivzon

In the 50s and 60s my maternal grandma was a dollmaker for Mark Farmer Dolls in El Cerrito, CA. In the 60s, my Mom was the illustrator for several of the catalogs, using pen and ink. I don't know if she was given credit on the catalogs, but her name was Charlene Perry. She passed in 2002. None of her catalogs were found among her things. Does anyone out there have catalogs available for sale? I (and my siblings) would love to retrieve some of them and would know Mom's work anywhere.

Bookmark   July 6, 2008 at 10:47PM
swessel_mchsi_com

I do have catalogs from the 60's for Mark Farmer as a kid I bought several of their doll kits.
swessel@mchsi.com I'll look at them again if you are interested

Bookmark   February 19, 2011 at 9:49AM
bonnie_mcintosh_gmail_com

I am looking for a doll from the Mark Farmer Co. She was called a Patchwork Rag doll. She was intentionally bald with a fabric body out of patchwork looking fabric. If any one knows of one, please contact me

Bookmark   March 15, 2011 at 4:38AM
institchesalways_yahoo_com

I am looking for Mark Farmer doll kits or patterns, especially for Jennie June. I have several patterns already and may have one you are looking for. You may have what I need. I have several of their catalogs as well if you are looking for information. Thanks!

Bookmark   June 2, 2011 at 3:18PM
More Discussions
pattern
Does anyone have a pattern for a 1900 porcelain head...
Kitah4911
Newest Reborn Doll...
Here is Rilynn. :-) 17 inches long and about 3lbs....
dianamo_1
Redressing dolls
I have just finished making new clothing for 2 porcelain...
Liddybuff
Plaster doll molds,patterns and porcelain slip
Hello, My husband and I recently acquired an estate...
dollmolds
computer program to design dollclothes
Have any of you ever heard of or seen the computer...
Liddybuff
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™