Husband cleaned dryer vent into house! Help!
We moved to this house about 6 months ago. As time has gone by, we have notice that our clothes dryer wasn't working very well, so my husband inspected the dryer vent pipe that goes up through the attic and roof. It was packed full of 20 years of lint. He purchased and used vent cleaning brushes to get most of the lint but some still remained in the pipe. So he had the brilliant idea to disconnect the pipe in the attic and use the leaf blower to blow the rest of the stuff out. When he turned the blower on, the resulting cloud of lint and dirt that burst out of the laundry room fogged the entire house so thickly that it caused all of the smoke alarms to go off! The bad news is that I'm terribly allergic to dust mites and mold. Ever since he did this, my allergies have been dastardly -- the glands in my neck are huge, my nose won't unstop or stop running, have a constant headache, etc. I've cleaned through the entire house with a hepa vacuum and sprayed everything or washed everything with hot water and Lysol but it has not helped. Does anyone have any ideas about what I may be reacting to or suggestions on how to clean the house up?
Thanks so much!