Is there an easy way to apply doll hair

crafty10123456August 11, 2003

Hi everyone, I just started making cloth dolls about 3 months ago and I was wondering if anybody had any tips on applying the dolls hair. I have been using sheeps wool on most of them. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks Crafty101

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
crafty10123456

This is pic of my second doll

Here is a link that might be useful:

Bookmark   August 11, 2003 at 1:00PM
Star58

Cute doll, Crafty. I've only used acrylic paints (once for a boy doll), and yarn for my other dolls. Girls are not too difficult, but trying to get a realistic 'do' on a little boy is a chore.
Would like to try wool, but there's no place around here to look at it before spending the money for a purchase.
Good luck in your endeavors.

Bookmark   August 14, 2003 at 2:48AM
netla

I've mostly used yarn for hair on my dolls. I take some yarn, unraveling it if I want curly hair, and cut it into even lengths. When I think I have enough, I tie a bunch of yarn lengths together with a piece of the same yarn in the middle. I then hold it to the doll's head with pins while I form the hair-do (braids, up-do, whatever). When IÂm happy with the hair, I lift the wig and put glue on the head and then gently press down the wig. Yarn can also be sewn to a piece of ribbon (same colour as the doll) and the ribbon sewn to the dollÂs head and the hair styled.

Crafty College has a doll hair course:

Here is a link that might be useful: Crafty College

Bookmark   August 22, 2003 at 2:47PM
crafty10123456

Thanks to both of you and for the link. I think I will try sewing the wool to the ribbon. Star58 I bought my wool on ebay and I also bought some llama wool at a craft show.

crafty

Bookmark   August 23, 2003 at 6:12AM
More Discussions
Take all the mystery out of making doll clothes patterns that FIT
I'm currently sewing for an antique doll. I have the...
oceanna
Reborn Baby's ~ anyone here do this?
I am not a doll collector but I have a friend (my other...
wynative
Keeping this forum ALIVE!!
I visit this forum often and I have noticed that sometimes...
Liddybuff
dollhouse miniatures?
anyone else on this forum making dollhouse miniatures?...
steiconi
Cloth Doll patterns and clothes
I am looking for 18 inch cloth doll patterns and clothes....
Acorna
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™